Monday 2 March 2015

A GOOD MATCH OR MAYBE NOT....


I left the March photo competition prize hanging on the board while I put the post on for the 1st March
when I returned...


Sophie was admiring the sweater dress.


"Hello Mum "
"Hello Sophie "
"That's a lovely purple sweater dress Auntie Gill made for the photo competition "
"It is"
"I think it would look lovely with my purple trousers "
"Well it's certainly a good match"
"Well? "
"Well if you had the sweater dress you'd have to donate your new coat and hat for the prize"


"WHAT! I mean Pardon? Do you mean my Vintage Sasha Couture coat and hat! The one I am wearing now!"
"Yes that's the one "


"Why would I do that? I'll just ask Auntie Gill to make me one ! Mother you do come out with the silliest things! " and with that she stalked off .......         It was just a suggestion...


*********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. I have to agree with Sophie here.
    Why exchange her most attractive new VS tweed coat and hat set for the Gillian Nash beautifully knitted and coloured sweater dress..... WHEN she can hopefully have BOTH with just a simple request.to your best friend and her very active knitting needles.
    The colour and style of this coat and hat is just perfect for Sophie. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was teaching her the lesson of giving up one thing for another! We are supposed to be clearing out clothes not adding to them.. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, these little prima donnas!
    Definitely on her way to being a sassy teen, aren't you,Sophie? An answer to everything we dumb adults say. Any eye rolling when Mrs. Mum speaks, yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surrounded by Prima Donna's in this Village ! :) If it's not one it's another , even the bears get in on the act!!

      Delete
  3. Love it!!! These girls sure do know what they want and how to get it, don't they!
    Glad to hear that she can order another jumper dress so that she can keep her coat and hat set which so suits her!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl's are the worse for wanting new clothes, well Valentine could run a close second!!
      No new sweater dresses, they have plenty other things they can wear!! :) xx

      Delete
  4. :)

    Girls!

    But knows how to get what they want...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie looks beautiful Dee! What a great post of a sweet girl wanting to add a beautiful dress to her wardrobe. Now Mom, what are going to do? Ask Auntie Gill to make another purple dress? I am certain that gorgeous hat and coat will not be going anywhere! I look forward to seeing Sophie in her new purple dress sometime soon! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie does look good in her new coat and hat but alas no new sweater dresses, we are looking towards the spring and summer now and have other plans!! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to seeing the entries later this month...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, some old queen threaten to send in n entry !! I bet it will have some poor Sasha being cast out into the dark.. :)xxx

      Delete