Thursday 12 March 2015

SUNKISSED

Well today I have the afternoon off, so was able to come home and play with my new girl. The weather is lovely and sunny so after lunch I took her out into the garden for a few photo's.


Between us we'd settled on this lovely bright outfit by Sarah of Vintage Sasha. First stop was the flower garden where we took this photo beside the sundial.
Deciding we could do better we moved on to the formal box garden.



Using the same bench from the VS coat photo shoot.Still not happy we moved further along to the Lych Gate.



 Yes we decided this was the place!


I think this outfit suits her better than the first.



Now she finally told me her name, she had whispered it a couple of times but I'd not paid attention, she first whispered it when I saw her on ebay and again when I had won her and was waiting for her to arrive.
Again when I was considering names and then again today while I was changing her into this outfit! So this time I listened, check with her that she wished to be called this, to which she said yes that is MY name!

So this new young member of the village clan is called  Meredith , Merry for short !




She also asked if she could remove the cropped trousers and put on some boots as she was a sixties girl!


Luckily Sarah had made this top long enough to double as a dress , a short dress but still a dress!


I think this colour suits her dark skin.


Meredith's hair is very soft and feels very springy it's had a few cuts here and there, so once I find the fringe it will need a little styling.


 shame the bud is shadowing her face.


A little Sunkissed!


*******************************************************************************


17 comments:

  1. Pink is perfct for her.
    I love her name. One of my lads was looking confused for a while, as it is the English spelling of his name, Maredudd, but he has decided that it is one of those unisex names like Frances/Frances and Lesley/Leslie.

    Her eyes are lovely. Quite a find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour does suit her better I think with her darker skin she needs a bold splash! Yes it is a unisex name, but it's the one she insisted was HER name and I never argue unless I really don't like it!!
      She has those perfect 68 eyes that I sooo love :) xx

      Delete
  2. She really is a beauty Dee, soooo incredibly pretty and gorgeous eyes. I think this pink is perfect on her, and the dress is about the right length for a 60s girl :)
    And what a nice name she has, I think that suits her too....and look forward to seeing more of her on here in the future :)
    Hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon , I have to agree! :) She suits the bold bright colours I think.
      And a typical 60's girl for the length !
      I am sure she'll be a regular on the blog :)
      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  3. she looks fab in that very short dress ....i bet your over the moon with her :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does Sarah :) I am very over the moon with her ! So glad I made that bid!! xxx

      Delete
  4. She's lovely, and that outfit is perfect for her. Love her name, especially shortened as well. Congratulations to you. Merry, I know you'll enjoy living in the village. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie :) She is definitely happier in this outfit and colour. I am going to love having her in the village :)

      Delete
  5. She looks beautiful in the dress and boots ...and those eyes of hers are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say the nicest things :) ...... hold on! What you done with old icy????

      Delete
  6. And what with the second comment I so enjoy everytime ?
    *g

    Well done Dee, the pink looks great!
    I'm interested to see, how you manage the fringe ot of the other hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :))

      Thanks Anne, I to am interested to see how I manage that fringe....... :)

      Delete
  7. Meredith is a perfect name for her! She looks great in that short dress with boots. I think you may have a little fashionista on your hands? :)

    Looks like spring has come a bit further in England than it has here in southern Norway. Daffodils and whatnot. Am jellus. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TigerAnne. You may be right about her being a little fashionista!
      Spring is trying to raise it's head but it keeps getting knocked back! But I am sure theirs no sign yet in Norway!! :)

      Delete
    2. I live by the coast, so the climath here isn't too arctic, fortunately! We haven't had much snow this winter, and the sun has been pretty good at coming out of hiding lately. But it's still fairly cold, and I haven't really seen many signs of green yet.

      Delete
  8. Playing 'dollies' out in the sunshine on an afternoon off from work! What more could a girl want?
    (DARE I bring you down to earth by asking 'What's happened to the doll-room's clearing out?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be buying dollies on a sunny afternoon off??? :)
      Kendal Kendal you really must remember that you have retired!! from this teaching lark! :) Funnily enough when I got up this morning I thought I need to tidy and then deal with the selling of the extra's! So you could see a result......soon .....could.....:)

      Delete