Friday 28 October 2016

MEANWHILE

Despite it being the day of the Chat n Snap and needing all the help I can get from the family , I was very good and said to Paul that if he helped me set up and get things going he could come back to the house and carry on with the work we are doing.  I know I know I'm just too generous!

No truly I knew he wanted to get on with the work and as much as he does like to have a chat to everyone I gave him the get out of CnS card, so after taking everything to the hall and helping put out the tables, once everyone who needed a lift from the station had been collected and dropped at hall , he came back to the house and fitted the new door frame.


So when I arrived back home after the event I found this, the frame and side panel fitted !


The view from inside, Milo checking this strange new entryway out! and the plie of bricks and rubbish from the refit.

Paul did come back and spend some time at the CnS in the afternoon as he was getting really cold working outside

So then on Sunday Paul carried on and fitted the door.


From inside.


From outside.

Now it just needs the second of the two locks fitted, one's already in place, then a letter box and some glass , until Paul can make the stained glass, and then we can remove the old front door and get the plasterer back.

So we are still moving forward and I'm so looking forward to making this the front door and getting rid of the old double glazed one.


Unfortunately we have a busy weekend coming up , so no work will get done on this but hopefully by the middle of November we can have the plasterer back and the outside will be rendered before the winter sets in. Plus once the plasterers done his bit the rest is up to us.

Yes that is the royal us!!


*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. It's looking great Dee, it won't be long now and your home will be unrecognisable as the place I visited recently!!! I hope it's not so that I can't find my way back LOL
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It will certainly look very different when next you visit!xx

      Delete

  2. Kendal28 October 2016 at 23:40
    Poor Paul! NOT much CnS chatting for him then this year!
    As the saying goes 'Is there no rest for the wicked?'

    It's all looking good though and great to think that the Winter cold, wind, rain and snow will be stopped dead in its tracks by this very smart new structure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His choice Kendal :) Yes once it's finished it will well insulated against the winter elements!

      Delete
  3. Gosh Paul is such a hard worker. This looks fabulous and is going so give you all that extra space you hoped for. Good luck in getting this front door really being the front door now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is :) I cannot wait until it becomes the front door proper! It will meean we are on the home straight.. I think!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful progress by Paul. It looks great! Thanks for the update! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's working hard to get it finished :) xx

      Delete
  5. I'm-not-jealous-I'm-not-jealous-I'm-not.......oh yes I am! Paul is wonderful!

    The porch is looking fab - you should give him you amazng husband a few days off.

    Congratulations to you both on your fab home that becomes fabulouser with every hour Paul spends on it. (OK -fabulouser isn't a word, but congratulations anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I have to agree :)
      I'm liking the word Fabulouser , we've still a ways to go but hopefully in time.. :)

      Delete