Monday 26 October 2020

EMMA B

 a collection or obsession? Today I cleared out the welsh dresser, so it could be moved. In order to do so I had to put the Emma Bridgewater pottery into the studio.


So first up were all the Chritsmas plates and dishes.


I had cleared a good area for it all to fit onto.

More Christmas plates plus others


 More Christmas based bowls etc


I do collect EB 8 inch Mince Pie plates that come out yearly, I don't get every years just the ones I like.

 Being a lover of all things miniature I also have a fair few of the small mugs and jugs and teacups plus the orginial small candle sets.

I also love the shape of jugs , so have bought a jug or a mug in a pattern I have liked.

Most of these are still Christmas pottery used mainly up to and over Christmas and New Year.


I have also asked for EB mugs or Jugs for Christmas presents over the years.

 May need to start stacking a few items!


Good more space


more mugs and jugs..


I'm pleased to say that very few of my EB pottery as been broken over the years, although Rufus's tail did break a mug by knocking it onto the newly uncarpeted floor boards last week ! But this mug, which is one of my early ones and a favourite, handle brock off a good few years back now but I could not bare to part with it, so it now has a new use as a pen holder !

A few other pieces of china from the dresser have been added, my collection of old china Jam/ preserve pots etc.

 So that's most of my Emma Bridgewater pottery.. well apart from..

The bowls we use daily and the spare mugs we alternate

 with these mugs which we use daily ....

There are a few items not shown, those in use bowls and mugs, a children's china tea set ...

So collection or obsession? I think collection because I don't have every pattern ever made since I fell in love with Emma's pottery ,when it first appeared way back when ,and from that point maybe not even a proper collection? 

Mmm maybe I need ... more.........

NB No pottery was harmed in the making of this post... but a bank balance could be..... !!!


**********************************************************************************











2 comments:

  1. I don't know about storing that pottery in the studio. Does Granny Fortuna know how to sell on Ebay? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I don't think so...... I'd better go check......

      Delete