Friday 9 October 2020

HOW MANY...

IS TOO MANY?

BOOKS! Ha ha you thought I was going to say dolls! Mind you I could easily have said that. I just bought myself a small Victorian bookcase, to use to display some of my dolls, up in my bedroom. It's lovely with orginial glass. It also has a lock and key, so I'll be able to lock the door when Clara's about, until she's old enough to handle all the dolls.

However with everthing that's going on decorating wise and my bedroom being on the list for a complete revamp , I could not start using it. So I have been clearing out the bookshelves in the living room , as that's the next room to be done once.

Although not yet ready to do living room, I'm doing the work now , so if the flooring people ring up with a cancellation and want to arrive , we won't have to rush about or say no. So I deciced to put the cupboard into my Studio and fill it with some of the books from the shelves , which would save finding boxes for them.

 So now the cupboard is full of books, there was just one pile standing there when I took this photo and now there are another two piles just as high in front of the first pile ! The cupboard is 4 foot high.

While taking the books off the shelves, we have selected over 100 to give to the local charity book shop but I'm sure if I was really hard I could probably get rid of a few more ! But then again lets not be too hasty!


 


Paul's now finished all the painting and next will be wallpaper hanging! I cannot wait to see how the wallpaper will look once it's up!

With new skirting painted.

Just like books, how many is too many? For instance I recently bought some shoes for the Pongratz dolls off Petrana.


The Cream boots are for Sasha but the rest of those gorgeous colours were for the pongratz dolls , however they also fit my Schoenhut dolls! Result.

This pair was also in the box and they fit Gloria  nicely , which is great as it means now most of my schoenhut dolls will have more choice in shoes.


It will be nice to have some shoes that can match in with their clothing. I do have to say that , for the dolls, you cannot have too many shoes, if you have a lot of dolls ;)



*********************************************************************************




2 comments:

  1. As with dolls, you need a choice of books to make a room comfortable and look lived in. There's always room for another shelf somewhere...
    And you certainly never have too many shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a room without books is a sad place .. well unless it's the bath room :)
      Those dolls definiately cannot !

      Delete