Wednesday 14 October 2020

TWO OUT THREE IN!

 How's that happen? Well you see I sold two of my schoenhut dolls and was offered three Kathe Kruse dolls in part exchange! 

One of the dolls I was particualarly interested in because she is from 1941. She's called Gudrun and been well loved over her 79 years. Which is fine with me as I have never managed to get one of these very old dolls due to the fact they either get snapped up quick , are out of my price range or the seller does not ship to the UK.

Gudrun is the lass in the middle, with the serious look ! I will find her some tights and a cardigan I think and then she'll be nice and cosy and can enjoy spending time with her younger siblings.



I have actually been a big fan of the Kathe Kruse dolls long before I heard of Sasha, so it's nice to be adding a few more.



A closer look at her sweet face.


So the newbies are now in the cabinet with the other KK dolls , where they will be safe until the flooring people arrive!

Well two left , three arrived but another two could be leaving soon, so not too bad overall.... she says.... 


**********************************************************************************




4 comments:

  1. Sell two, get three? Must be the 'new math', but whatever it is, I approve! They're all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes I am quite liking this 'new math' :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely group! Even though KK dolls are hand painted up to today, in my opinion the older ones have much more character. Must be because they had a life.
    Congratulations! My little Gudrun says hi to her older and bigger sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are a nice trio.
      I do agree that the older dolls have the edge on character but the younger ones are still lovely too.
      Miss Gudrun says hello to little Gudrun and says what a fine name she has .. ;)

      Delete