Sunday 14 March 2021

HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY

 Well yes it's Sunday and another week has rattled by. Today is also Mothers day in the United Kingdom.

I am fortunate to be the mother of three wonderful caring beautiful women , one of whom is now also a mother, to a couple of sweethearts. My own mother died when I was twenty and my youngest sister only nine, so there has been no sending of cards or buying of flowers for our mother for over forty plus years but as everyone in this situation will know , it does not mean you do not think of your mother at these times.

Personally I have always thought that these 'days' are more for the selling of cards, flowers, chocolates and other gifts than anything else. Yes it's nice to get loving cards from your children but I have always felt that receiving an unexpected card or gift holds more weight. That bunch of flowers handed over just because they saw them and thought of you.

These days must also open up a can of worms for some, those maybe estranged from their children, or whose children have passed away or maybe they had wanted some but life had not panned out that way.

I heard someone call themselves an orphan the other day, because both of their parents are dead . I found that very strange that people see themselves or are seen as orphans if their parents have died , whatever age they are! To me an orphan is someone under the age of eighteen who has lost both parents, at sixty four I don't consider myself an orphan just because both my parents have passed away.

So I say don't just remember your family and friends on these official days , remember them other times and spring for that bunch of daffs or box of chocolates or just that one perfect cupcake and make them feel the love when the thought strikes.


On the decorating front we are in the resting stage... other things are occupying our time, so all thought of getting on with it , have gone on the back burner !



But if you have been keeping up with the blog you will know that never one to allow Paul to rest on his laurals, I mentioned my long missing replacement doll shop front and he has started on making it !

 I am sharing it's progress and it is coming along nicely. We are having lots of discussion as it's being made , Paul saying look I'm going to do this , then me getting the book with the photo and saying but I want it to look like this ! Then agreeing the adjustment and finding the alterative. I don't want an exact copy but a vey similar style of look.

On the doll front,a couple of dolls are traveling on their way to me and I posted a few off at the begining of the week. 

I would like to say that dolls have left and so numbers are falling well but no I am still buying the odd doll here and there.



I did buy this Sasha the other week , because I just love how Pam Winter has done her hair. I do love a Sasha with shorter hair.


At present we are fighting over her name .... she says it's Stella and I say maybe not! Since Stella was not the name I'd thought of before she arrived! Like most of the dolls that arrive here , she's another one full of attitude !

So on that note I will end , just wishing you all a happy healthy week ahead.

Dee



















8 comments:

  1. I also love the shorter hair girls, and wouldn't hesitate to buy one with a bad haircut and then have it professionally cut. That said, my dream is a sympathetic repaint oriental girl, with bangs and hair just above her shoulders. Well, it's a dream! This is a very pretty girl, Dee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know one could turn up or if you find a doll with bad hair you could have her made to order!
      I love her hair just needs a little tidying but not sure about her eyes

      Delete
  2. Stella or not has that special look about her. Not only her hair, but also her expression. Hope you had a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be Stella , you just cannot argue with these dolls! I had a lovely day thank you, I hope you did too. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for your words about parents and family! This is so true!
    Stella is a sweet one. I love her hair! And since Stella means star, maybe she thinks she is a born star and should be the new star of this blog? ;-))
    Wonderful shop. I look forward to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be right about Stella being a star! She certainly acts the aprt ! ;)
      I'm ver excited about my shop....

      Delete
  4. I agree totally with your sentiments regarding Mothers Day and those no longer with us. Nice to see the shop coming along nicely looking forward to the big reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I cannot wait for it to be finished, poor Paul sits down doing other things and I want to say , what about my shop !! lol

      Delete