Tuesday 1 June 2021

JUNE 1ST

 Well we are almost half way through the year!! But hey the sun is shinning! which makes all the difference.

Paul's almost finished the gazebo ! Here is a photo, the putty still needs to dry and then the windows can be cleaned but I think he's done a great job in complimenting the original two windows.


and you can see still plenty of sun and light coming in.

Below is a photo of where the old windows originally started their life.


They did look lovely in their original home but were probably changed in order to upgrade the area to double glazing and better locks. But I do think they looked wonderful. So I am glad we have found them a lovely new home where we can enjoy them for years to come.


So a couple of little things to finish off then all done! Mabel is already taking forty winks in the wicker chair on the right of the above photo!


Octavia and Olivia came outside into the gazebo for a photo shoot but alas it's so sunny we could not take photos by the windows because their faces would be in shadow! 


Olivia went back in but Octavia was happy to pose near Mabel who had decided that she now needed a whole sofa for her nap!

Mabel just before she decided to stretch out!


Octavia tired a different window but alas still in shadow. 


So It's now June, I look forwarde to receiving photos from those of you who would like to take part in doll photo day on the 5th.

I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine.


Dee


6 comments:

  1. Your gazebo is a unique and very stylish room, of course Mabel believes it's the right place for her nap.
    Octavia is dressed for the occasion in sunny yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is unique and I'm sure we will be fight all the animals for the right to sit in there!
      I do love that yellow of Octavia's outfit especially now it's turned sunny!

      Delete
  2. I really love that you repurposed those beautiful stain glass windows Dee. You have great ideas for Paul to complete and this one is certainly no exception. I imagine this will be where you will both spend some lazy summer days along with Mabel. 😊
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hate seeing these old stained glass windows left to rot, it's good that people don't just throw them out like they used too!
      With my ideas and Pauls talent we can get most of what we want done ourselves. Paul keeps wearing a t- shirt our eldest gave him thats says Please tell my wife I'm retired ! So I keep telling him there's plenty of time to retire....later.. lol
      Hugs xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, gazebo, cat and dolls!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete