Friday 11 March 2022

IN SEARCH OF SOME YARN !

 Well if you have been following my ramblings , you will know I have a box of yarn I'm trying to work through by the end of April ? 

I have been knitting  most nights and this week a jacket for Adam, with another on the go. But a friend asked about having a sweater made for one of her Roche dolls, because the doll had come in the winter outfit but she loved the summer one. She had made the doll the culottes but wanted a similar styled sweater.


I said I'd give it a go if she liked. So she sent me some yarn to knit it with, although she didn't like the yellow she'd got'

So did I search all my boxes? No I searched the one in the living room and not finding a suitable match ordered one. 

Well the yarn she had sent arrived and having finished Adam's first jacket, I was able to play around with knitting a  trial piece. Well the next day, today, I messaged my friend and asked if she really wanted it in the smooth mohair wool she had sent or did she actually want the sweater to have the same texture of the one in the photo ?  I'm pleased to say she said yes .

This meant I had to go and search properly through all my wool boxes. Mmm this also meant I again saw just how much wool/yarn I have ! Along with a couple of boxes of household fabric !


Paul helped me carry this BIG box indoors.


Look at all those glorious colours !


I removed yarns from the box into various piles of fancy yarn, double knit and 4 ply , I even found some 2ply ! well that needs to go as I'll never knit that up .. way too small !


piles of colour


the fancy yarns


Hand dyed yarn.


I did find some yarn suitable for the sweater but alas not enough shades of blue and the necessary pale yellow. So of course a look online and an order placed ! Yes I know more yarn to have to use up ! 

However talking to my friend and saying I need to sell off some of all this beauty, she had a good idea she had used before. Which was to put nice piece of fabric with a complimentary ball of wool and sell them as a set. Well since I also have loads of doll dress fabric, I am going to make up some sets to sell on and also some yarn bundles.

But not until the end of the month, as I have knitting to do !!




No comments:

Post a Comment