Monday 27 January 2014

PROPS


This year I am going to concentrate on props!!! which will help with the telling of the tales and story's.
and also because any excuse to get things that are small and a good size for the Sasha's.
I have always loved perfectly sized replica's of everyday items, which is probably why I love doll houses and all their furniture etc.

The nice things about Sasha's is that the props are bigger but still small enough to give one that frill of getting something just the right size! I am forever standing in shops, garden centres or looking on websites sizing up items to see if they will be a good size for the village!
Then there is the debate in a shop , is this the right size? will it look good? where will I use it? and do I really need to buy the set just because I want the smallest item!!

But I have always been a lover of these small items , so it's really not a trial to have to make a purchase or two!!

I love looking at other Sasha blog's and seeing the items that they have managed to source, which look so good and I wonder do they wander round the shops with a Sasha tucked under their arm, which they stand beside a likely looking item to see if it's the right size? or do they carry a tape measure and can be seen measuring a small jug or box muttering that's it's too big or too small??
I'm beginning to get 'Sasha' eye...being able to make a good call for the size of something that might just do!

One of the problems of being a teller of Sasha Tales is that you do need some props to help set the scene and I also think it's great when I see other's tales and photo's and can spend time going back again and again to admire their settings and all the things in the scene they have set.


Here is Ellen Church's Armchair and footstool , a thing of beauty in it's own right,  being a good size for Sasha an added bonus!.

I'm looking forward to being able to set up some scenes in the summer once we sort out the workshop/studio.
So all info  for Sasha sized goods and where to purchase is always welcome and I will share the details on my info page for others.

You will not believe what I have planned for the Chat n Snap !!! :)

****************************************************************************


16 comments:

  1. I love all your props but they come to life with the wonderful backdrops and room/shop sets that your husband makes. Well done, that man!
    There are quite a lot of pieces of Sasha size furniture here, but I can't photograph them as there isn't a free corner in the house and I can't find a backdrop of any kind to use. Hmm, perhaps that should be one of my 12 major projects for 2014?
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni :) Sounds like a plan to get yourself a backdrop and start sharing some photo's of all those Sasha sized pieces hidden away in deepest wales!!!
      :)

      Delete
  2. Have you set a date for the CnS yet - we all need to get it in our diaries soon. I am also always keeping an eye out for props of the right proportion, though where to store them is an ongoing issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I will be announcing the sale oof ticket soon. :)
      Exactly! It's all very well getting the gorgeous things but then you need somewhere to keep them!!

      Delete
  3. Guess who's here hopefully before SS-R!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great! I have managed to clock in again BEFORE SS-R!

    I'm very like you Denise when it comes to liking and admiring Sasha sized props but unlike you with the seaching as I'm unable to get out and about enough these days so have to rely on online information and availability and then postal or courier delivery.

    Like Dollmum I can't wait to know when the second Chat n' Snap is going to be and my mind is already racing away like mad wondering what overall theme is planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal , you are way ahead of me to start with, having been a collector for much longer and also because you have the 'Sasha Eye! ' !
      I love all the little soft toys your babies were holding in your most recent post and I noticed that you have a pink, blue and white baby blanket !
      The theme will be a secret until the day :)

      Delete
  5. Great. I agree!
    Love probs as well, as you know. I don't walk around with Sasha, but menawhile I SEE if something fits and at the same time see a possible story around them.
    (Well - I got a cigarettelighter looking like a bar of gold. I saw it and immediately a Goldrush waves in my head. But - the idea was obviously to big for my brain - so I stucked with nice little birds:)

    I forgot to say many thanks to Kendal showing that ultrasweet little lamp.
    I loved it, searched it and found a british seller, who sold it to me.
    I don't wantto be back to Berlin ( where I grew up) - but I'm pretty sure, there are more Probs hiding than here in the province of 'darkgermany' , as some bad (western) people call the eastern part.

    Additonell I would say, the 1:4 scale is better for my older eyes than the 1:12 or (ay me) 1:24!
    ... and if I can't fly to the SashaFestival, it seems I have to visit the Chat'nSnap this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKYOU , Kendal!

      Delete
    2. Same here ! If I see a prop an idea will come for a story and then it sits and waits it's turn to shine!! Never heard it calle d dark germany but if it's full of perfect Sasha sized props I may have to make a visit!!!
      I so hope you do come to this year Chat'n Snap!! I will give you my list :))
      Kendal's lamp is great , glad you could get one. That's why it's nice to see what people have, so you can go find them for yourself too!

      Delete
  6. Dear Dee, lovely post about Sasha settings. I love Ellen's scenes and have for quite a while. She has a wonderful eye for scale and detail. I wish you great success on your outings looking for just the "right" items. Your store fronts are wonderful and I know the Chat and Snaps must be heavenly for everyone. :). Hugs, Ginger xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, I agree Ellen's setting's are so nice and full of interest.
      The Chat'n Snaps are indeed a lovely place to 'be Sasha'd! '
      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  7. Oooh Dee - don't tease us! Really looking forward to your next 'AGM for UK Sashaholics'! Seeing as I missed out on Stratford on Avon and your last C&S I'm really going to make sure I can join you this year, and it sounds as if you've already started on the planning even if it's still only in your head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jude, I will be announcing the date and opening for ticket's soon. I look forward to meeting you there :)
      Yes I am already planning in my head :)) and what a plan it is!!!! :)

      Delete
  8. I am also constantly on the look out props for my dolls, of all sizes, because I'm fortunate enough to have my other girls and boys to accomodate, but Spain is a bit of a dolly wilderness to be honest....and I hate paying out massive amounts of postage for small items, yes, I'm very mean like that!!!! However, it doesn't deter me, I keep looking. One day I will come up trumps. I do have quite a few bits and pieces but I would like some more (never satisfied, am I!!!).
    I love Ellens armchair and footstool, it looks so comfy that I could shrink down and sit in it myself with a good book.
    There is a doll range here in Spain called Mariquita Perez and I have two of these dolls, a boy and a girl, still in their boxes, never displayed. Anyway, they have a range of beautiful dark wood furniture but for the life of me I've never been able to find any in the shops here. One day I will visit the town where they are situated and maybe, just maybe they will have a store packed to the gunnels with dolly props!!! A girl can but dream eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a the only problem when you by online! The postage!! especially if the item does not cost that much to start with!
      I don't think one can ever have too many props!! lol and we must always keep an eye open for more!!
      The dark wood furniture sounds interesting!! We look forward to seeing your purchases if you ever go to look!!

      And dreaming can be the best part!!! :)

      Delete