Friday 28 November 2014

WHY O WHY!!

Do I do this!! You may remember I bought a lovely red haired no navel that came to me needing some re rooting and also a small body repair and putting back together.

Well I could not really afford to keep her due to everything else happening at the time, so I offered her to Michelle, saying I would re root her and repair her. She said yes as she does not have a red haired girl.. Having recently got my new red haired no navel I thought I did not really need four reds!

When I went away in September I took her head with me and re rooted her with some toning red hair. Since then she's waited for her body to be repaired and then finally this was done at the weekend and she's been put together ready to be posted off to Michelle tomorrow.

Here are her photo's taken tonight.


I have left her hair long at the front as I think it looks nice and Michelle can cut it if she wants.


She's got lots of thick hair.


you can see the two tones in this photo.



Here she is without the hair band and wearing one of Michelle's Batik dresses.


And here she is ready to go off into the box to see her new mum. She is wearing a Vintage Sasha coat and hat that I am giving Michelle for Christmas, so an early present as I could not send the poor girl naked!!


I so should have kept this girl !! But I thought that I did not need another no navel red...how wrong could a girl be!!


I tried offering Michelle the partly rooted baby and a few quid! But she's having none of it!! drat!
So I have got her promise to give me first refusal should she ever sell her ( Michelle never sells her dolls! ) but I have learnt my lesson, any red haired no navel's I get in future are staying right here!!

Why O Why!!......


*********************************************************************************

21 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous Dee, and the Vintage Sasha coat and hat look wonderful on her. Michelle is very lucky - think about how happy she will be and hopefully that will help xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is and they do! I'm not too sad that she's going to Michelle but she would have been one worth keeping!.
      Lovely to hear from you Mikki :)xxx

      Delete
  2. You did the right thing Dee...it's a GOTZ......Let it go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't GOTZ to do it!! But hey I'll be able to buy MORE!!! that's a good idea eh! :)

      Delete
    2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DON'T DO IT DEE!!!

      Delete
  3. She is lovely Dee and, if you can't keep her, at least you will be able to visit her. Love the coat and hat set, it is just the right shade of green to complimen her new, beautiful hair. Congratulations on another great restoration job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni, I should not be sad as I do have three of my own! lol just she did turn out nice! And the green coat set my Sarah of Vintage Sasha another triumph!!
      I am enjoying re rooting them girls! :)xx

      Delete
  4. She's does look lovely Dee, hard lesson to learn.
    Simply Sasha you make me giggle with your disdain for Gotz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to wind Dee up Louise :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Louise :) Don't listen to Simple Simon I mean Sasha :)) she's a bad influence !! :)x

      Delete
  5. All I can say here is that 'One lives and hopefully learns in this Sasha collecting!'
    We have all made mistakes in one form or other over time and just have to put it down to unfortunate experience. You'll now know NOT to offer any new dolls to another until they are finished and completed.

    The pain will hopefully be eased a little when you see just how happy Michelle is with her new doll as she is really beautiful and looks simply wonderful in her new VS Christmas coat and beret.

    A perfect Christmas present for any (well perhaps apart from SS!) Sasha Doll lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can honestly say that I am forever thinking why did I do that but then a couple of days later all's forgot as I move on!! such a fickle Sasha mother!! almost but not quite as bad as old Icy!!! Tate lad Tate where are you boy???

      Kendal Michelle's my sister and you know that knowing she's got this girl will not do anything of the kind!! This from a sister ( YOU ) who would not share her toys!! That Michelle's just like you!! :))
      No really I am happy that Michelle's having her and I'm sure she'll fit right in and we need to get those Gotz No Navel's out into the Sasha world! :)xx

      Delete
  6. What a pretty girl and great outfit, I love the colour of the coat set and the boots are perfect with it...and you did a lovely job on her hair Dee! I agree with Kendal, I think next time you need to wait until you've done the work until you decide whether the doll should stay or not. I think that we often change our minds when we 'buy to sell' because I feel that as we work on a doll, so we sort of 'bring it to life' and watch the little 'personality' develop in our hands. This is why I have not yet bought a Kidz n Cats doll just to customise and sell, although many people have asked me if I will do this and put it on Ebay. And also why I have 8 Blythes, 7 of which I've customised, and most of which I intended to sell after I'd done the work. And now, I just haven't been able to bring myself to do so.
    Lesson learned, I guess :)
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rub rub! Sharon!! :) She's probably better off with Michelle, she'll get more attention being her only red haired no navel girl. That green coat I should have bought for me!! But never mind :)
      They do develop right in front of you when you work on them!
      But the poor girls had her head in a bag for months, so at least now she's back in circulation!
      And yes I will not decide to sell a doll until it's all finished and I've 'looked' at her, just in case she's speaking to ME! :)
      hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. LOL the words 'salt' and 'wound' spring to mind Michelle ;) xxx

      Delete
    2. Now you know she's a younger sister!! :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely rerooting Dee. Her hair is gorgeous and with the repairs, she looks perfect in her stunning green coat and hat by Sarah. Wonderful girl for your sister to adopt and a lovely Christmas present from you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger, she did come out well :) And the green coat looks good on her drat!! lol
      I'm just too kind!! lol :)xxx

      Delete