Tuesday 20 September 2016

ON THE WAY HOME

we stopped at a National Trust house.


A small country residence


The home of a world famous writer.This was his study.


a writer whose books have been made into films.


a little Oast house gift shop in the garden


Looking down from the vegetable garden over the orchard to the house.The house was lovely and homely and just like George Bernard Shaw's house, which is just down the road from where we live, it made me feel that I should be spending my days writing!
So lets have a little game :)


Ragnor is going to give you a hint as to who owned this house.


" If you can dream -and not make dreams your master "


" If you can think and not make thoughts your aim "


" If you can fill the unforgiving minute , With sixty seconds worth of distance run"


So if you know the answer of who lived here, just add the initials of the person to a comment and one more line from the poem Ragnor's , quoting  ( out of order ) from.


********************************************************************************

7 comments:

  1. Let's see IF I can get this right...
    RK
    'Or watch the things you gave your life to broken'...
    What a beautiful house....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can keep your head - PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful place to visit, as long as you weren't Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools...I'm thinking RK.
    And I hear his cousin makes excedingly good cakes ;) LOL
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. RK
    "If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, "

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it is RK but I don't know the next line to the poem.

    And I just laughed out loud at Sharon's hint about his 'cousin'! Hahahahaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it...RK. Thank you Ragnor. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ragnor is such a well read and intelligent lad!
    He is my second favourite of your boys after your Gregor 'Shorts'.

    ReplyDelete