Friday 10 February 2023

BOXING CLEVER ?

 So we needed some parts for the dolls house stairs since appears over the years a few piece got lost! While waiting for them to arrive I asked Paul to make up the box room.


Because I bought this off eBay as a kit, it was easy to put together just needed some wood glue in the groves and then taped up and left overnight to dry.

I had to order some skirting for the room, so went with a large scale and Paul suggested painting it blue to complement the wall paper I had.

Natural I used some of my stock of wallpaper..... not! Because I had seen this wallpaper on Esty and decided it was just perfect and too nice to pass by.


So Paul had fitted the skirting after painting it yesterday and while he started making the stairs up, now the other parts have arrived, I cut the wallpaper to size.

For some reason each piece of wallpaper had a white border round it , probably where it had been printed which made it a pain as I then had to remove the white sections trying to keep the lines nice and straight. Plus the wallpaper was not wide enough to cover the whole of the back wall so I had to cut a section to match the pattern! again trying to keep the lines straight!


I'd like to say I had help laying the carpet but he just cleaned up the off cuts. I did however use this piece of blue carpet that I bought along with most other things back in 2004. It was still lovely and sticky, unfortunately again not quite long enough to completely cover the floor but luckily the offcut on the depth was enough to fill the gap at the edge. With just what was left being held by the cleaner.


I've really pleased that the joint in the wallpaper worked well and also the carpet.

So once it's all nice and dry ( wallpaper) I will set it up in the studio, of course I had to have a little play with a few of my furniture pieces.


I see the wallpaper suiting a bedroom, so tried these items.


Of course a different mirror would be needed.

I also tried some living room furniture in the room but think it's more suited to a bedroom.

So The room box is complete just took three and a half years to take out the packed and a few days to make up.... but hey! That's another job off the list!

Today is Clara's fifth birthday! Five! where has the time gone! 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Dee, I love that wallpaper.!
    Big hug,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Me too ! I just had to get it and use it somewhere ;) hugs x

      Delete
  2. "Only three and a half years" - Dee, that would be warp speed around our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, If I confess the bedroom walls are still wearing their temporary coat of paint while the wallpaper, bought back in 2006, is still waiting to go onto the walls and cover it you'll understand even I'm amazed about the box room!

      Delete
  3. I Know! Only seems like yesterday she was starting to walk!

    ReplyDelete