Sunday 24 May 2020


Well Paul and I had last week off on holiday! I say on holiday since the country's lockdown our holiday was that perfect place .. home!

Luckily I love holidaying at home, of course it means you do tend to spend a bit of the time doing those jobs that have been sitting and waiting for ages. Like clearing out the larder cupboard and rearranging the shelves.

 The cupboard before...

 and after, now we can actually see whats in there!  Alas no chocolate ! What do you mean it looks no different? I'll have you know lots of changes have occurred..

We also finally cleared out our shed at the end of the garden, that we'd promised to our next door neighbours at least a year or more ago!  Since I'd attempted it once before there didn't look to be that much in there.. wrong! There was still a fair bit, so we moved the boxes into the carport to be sorted through once lockdown's over , so we can give anything decent to the charity shops.
Paul took the shed down and then help our neighbour put it back up in his garden, he was over the moon to finally get it.

Having removed the fish pond, I put a post on our local community group asking if anyone wanted two fish and some pond plants, lilies and irises and they were collected by a local couple, the fish found a new home and  even the plants didn't have to go in the recycling.. result!

Paul repaved the area where the fish pond was, so all ready for our new garden project, which was arriving on the Thursday.

Between time we did some gardening and other general things, along with some sitting out enjoying the late afternoon sun. It's called pottering I believe :)

On Thursday the project arrived and we carried a few items round and made a space on the patio.

 Trellis had to be removed, space made and then Paul set to work first thing friday morning.
 I have documented the build on our blog page over the last three days.The suppliers say it can be erected in two days and I'm sure it can if there are two people who can wield a hammer, but since we only had one ladder tall enough to reach and one person with a degree in using a hammer, it was all pretty much left to Paul !
Plus Saturday ,here the weather was not really good , with a very strong gusty wind which was cold along with a few short but heavy down pours but Paul kept going until the roof boards were on and there was just the last part to do.
While he was doing all this I was site supervisor, refreshment monitor and photographer. I was also taking photos and listing dolls etc to sell on ebay or the blog sale page or both.

By today it just needed it's roofing felt and board edges and then it was finished!

several hours later, after cleaning , moving pots of plants here and there it was ready to use.

 from the patio table to the sofa.

 from the sofa to the table.

 between the gazebo and the house.

 From the house to the gazebo.

We had worried it might cut down the light and be too oppressive but, it's been filled with light all day and due it's open aspect it's not oppressive at all.

 So we are very happy that we now have this great place to enjoy outside.

I have posted the making of this gazebo on the garden blog if you'd like to see more.

Wishing you all a lovely healthy week ahead




  1. That looks really lovely Dee and I think you'll get an awful lot of use out of it if ours is anything to go by. It certainly looks as if Rufus and Casper have already made themselves right at home in it too. Paul did a great job with your supervision of course ;)
    Big hugs xxx

    1. Thanks, we are already using the outside space much more than usual.
      Rufus and Casper will enjoy the shade in the summer and the shelter in the winter, so everyone wins :) xxx