Sunday 11 July 2021

JULY 11TH SUNDAY

 Yes It's Sunday and so far so good on my challenge to put on  a photo a day !


And here we have Claudia for todays photo.


So whats been happening this week in the village, well not a lot. The weather has stayed pretty british, as in sunshine and showers. 

Which meant my trip to see the grandchildren went beautifully and we had lots of play and cuddles etc , however the trip to the beach for the baby shower had to be changed to a smaller gathering , socially distanced, in my sister's garden and house. Lots of holding onto the flimsey plastic put up gazebo as the rain finally stopped but the wind picked up! Until we took it down and sat in the sun and wind!


I noticed this cottage at the end of my sister's next door neighbours garden, I was amazed when she told me her neighbour , who is in his seventies, had built it all himself from reclaimed materials !.

I asked how he'd got permission to build it at the end of the garden, which is when she told me it's his garage ! Made to look like a cottage from the garden but will have  garage doors on the access road side ! 


Complete with old car. The house it belongs to is a lovely 1930's terrace and it's near the Sussex coast. Which is why he has used flint cobbles to build it.

Yes I did show it to Paul and say ... can we have one down the end of our garden... he declined ! But what a wonderful use of reclaimed materials.

One of my daughters gave me an Emma Bridgewater voucher for my birthday and my purchases arrived this week. I had gone for mainly tins that were all in their sale along with one mug also in the sale.


So lots of lovely tins which I will have no trouble finding uses for. The set of three cake tins were one inside the next and then inside a cardboard box inside a larger box with the other long tin in the centre along with the mug , the other two tins were in a separate box.


I give Emma B full marks for use of non plastic wrapping but since the main part of this order were tins and those tins were also in clear wrappers, I'm sure some of this recycled paper filling could have been reduced. Luckily since I am forever selling things , I will reuse quite a bit , if not all, of this but others may be left with all this which would need to be recycled or failing that burned or thrown out.



I came across these Morris & Co fabric bundle and mask kit discounted, so naturally they fell into my basket ! Plus some short handknitted socks for the dolls also arrived this week.


On the doll front another doll left for her new home and one arrived , just a small minouche doll. Oh and a pair of shoes to match a dress I had already bought.

So that's not too bad a week but still need to do better on the dolls out not in! I may have to make August a no doll go area ! But we all know what that means .... some doll I want will appear and I'll be hard pressed to walk away... 

On that note I will wish you all a happy healthy doll filled week ahead

Dee


4 comments:

  1. It must be so much nicer seeing that little cottage at the bottom of the garden than a common old garage, it's very sweet. 😊

    I'm pleased to see you have added more to your Morris collection of goodies Dee.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful, makes me wish I had a garage at the end of mine I could change to this !
      I may need to avoid looking at Morris and co items .. hugs x

      Delete
  2. When I saw that garage, I immediately thought what a wonderful Sasha studio it would make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be a wonderful Sasha Studio ! :)

      Delete