Sunday 25 July 2021

JULY 25TH

 Sunday ! Well it's been a very hot week weather wise ! Too hot to sit outside until early evening and too hot during the day to get much done.


I did however manage to get the boys changed, just in time for the temperature to drop to more normal english summer levels, where a cardigan could be needed between the showers of rain !

Ragnor agreed to be today's model now he's wearing his summer gear!

Due to how hot it's been during the days , not an awful lot as been achieved although I did finally go into the studio, to clear some space on a shelf ,in order to put the Schoenhut dolls back where I could enjoy them. I also managed to take their group photos but of course missed out two of them completely! 


But these are the ones I didn't miss although two of these have been sold since I took the photo a few days back and another couple are on the adoption market. I am slowly bring them down to a small core group who I will keep.

It's lovely that they are now back out on a shelf after spending half the year packed away. My next job with them will be giving them all a change of clothes but we all know just how long that will take !

The weather now being cooler at least means I can start getting a few things sorted again, although these days my speed seems to be between dead slow and stop! At the moment it's quite damo , so I am hoping it will brighten up later as I'd like to remove a chunk of stuff that's sitting on the floor in the sasha studio outside while I work out just where it can go , so that I can move freely about the place!

Paul keeps turning down my request for an extension on the studio, he says I'll just fill it up... as if... ;)


On the doll front , although most of my week has been doll related, I have sold another four dolls and of course two have arrived. The third of the Velvets was one. She was very much an impulse bid as I have wondered on and off for years whether to make the twins into triplets and when I saw this girl, I placed a bid and left if for fate to decide. So triplets it is.


The second doll to arrive I took in part exchange for a doll I was selling. I had seen the work done on the doll on facebook and was very impressed and loved how she looked.

She is big! at 28 inches the biggest doll I now own and the first old doll of this type.


She is now in charge of all the dolls and bears in the studio when I'm not present and is sitting in the cane chair at the side , where she can keep tabs on things.

Still not quite getting the hang of this selling dolls and not buying more but at least more are leaving than arriving ! So a slow road but I am travelling   :) 

Well on that note I will wish you all a lovely healthy doll filled week ahead.

Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment