Sunday 15 January 2023

A WINTER SUNDAY

 


Well we are halfway through the month and I am getting nowhere fast! This Sunday I'm sharing a photo of Peb's ( Paul Edward Bear ) , my oldest personal bear. He was given to me by Paul, hence his name, when we were first going out and he will be the princely age of fifty this year. He is usually wearing a striped rugby style top that belonged to the girls when they were small but it was removed for washing and he is yet to be redressed.

I also shared Peb's on my facebook page because of the digs a certain prince of this realm as been making about his family. He mentioned the King's bear, which he said he kept by him to help with any stress etc. I have not read his words so cannot tell if they were friendly or not about the Kings bear but as a lifetime lover of Teddies, I felt it my duty to defend the humble teddy and the King.


Some of my other bears then gathered for a meeting on supporting the King's Teddy and a motion was passed to that effect. Mind you, they also used their meeting to request that I find a place for them and their missing friends to sit together permanently and for some Pj's for the colder months! They believe that the King's Teddy will most certainly be wearing a monogramed pair of Pj's along with a lovely fleecy dressing gown! I said I'd try and find a place for them but I'd have to think about the pj's.

Well we have had almost daily rain along with strong winds, especially over night and early morning, unfortunately a couple of times that's meant I have woken up then had trouble getting back to sleep, so I have had a few early starts. 

I have been finishing up a couple of more cardigans for the grandchildren.


A larger size for Clara , more for later on in the year than now plus I had enough yarn to knit Adam a matching cardigan to Clara's but his has zoo animal buttons.


So two for Clara on the left and two for Adam on the right. I am also finishing another cardigan that I actually knitted the back of last spring! Then wandered off, so it's just been sitting around waiting. It may turn out to be on  the small side for Adam but I am hoping he may get a little wear out of it. If not I can give it to my grandnephew instead. 

I did clear a space on the side in the kitchen to make a room for the dolls but so far that's as far as I have got, due partly to it being too wet to keep going out to the studio, along with too dark to take any decent photos. So that's something I need to get sorted this week. 

My daughter, mother to my grandchildren got another Maine Coon kitten this weekend, Alfie a friend for Nim, well once she gets used to the idea she's no longer a one and only!


This is him finding the cat drinking fountain! We will meet him next weekend , when we visit and take over the cardigans.

On the doll front not a lot's been happening, I am sticking to my no doll stuff or doll buying! Fifteen days in, it's almost a miracle! Can it last... hopefully as long as I don't forget I'm supposed to be not buying things, that tends to happen after I've bought something.

At present because I've been knitting for the children , it's yarn that keeps calling to me, so I'm having to resist that too! Which is hard as there are so many lovely colours out there and offers!

On that note, I'm off to look in the studio since for once it's not raining and then I have a cardigan to finish, so I can maybe knit something doll related.

Wishing you all a happy healthy week ahead.

Dee



4 comments:

  1. Is there anything better than a teddy bear to help and calm you down when you are stressed? I do not know this certain prince's words about the king's teddy bear, but I think if there is anyone worth to be a true companion of a king, it is surely a bear!
    I love teddy bears as well and anybody who insults them will have to meet my answer ;-) I still keep the childhood bear of my late husband. My mum gave away mine so this bear is the only old family member on bear front. But I also have some my late husband once gave to me which I keep as a precious gift and memory. My bears are everywhere all over the house, I think they move by themselves when it is nighttime. So do the dolls, I'm sure! Not my fault all the resulting chaos... lol...
    Wonderful cardigans you have made! Really lovely and gorgeous. The kids will love them!!! Have a nice week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, Teddy bears are the best. I'm sure mine would love to move about the house but they know downstairs are two dogs, one who would just love them and another who would destroy them, so they only move about upstairs most of the time.

      Delete
  2. Big fan of teddies myself Dee, they not only give comfort, they listen to all your innermost secrets and don't blab! Speaking of Royal bears, I made a bear who I somewhat resembled the Queen Mother, I still have her sitting in my studio.

    Your knitting is coming along really well and so it appears is your determination NOT TO BUY. If only I could be as good. :)

    Love the new little kitty, Maine cats are gorgeous and what a great name is Alfie (anyone a fan of Michael Caine?).

    Have fun in the studio! Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree a teddy would never snitch on you , unlike some prince we all know! Your Queen mother bear sounds great and I love she's giving you her royal approval ;)
      Yes my not buying is going well , I just hope I can make it to the end of the month! lol xx

      Delete