Sunday 22 January 2023

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

 Yes you have guessed it, it's Sunday again ;)

And the start of the Chinese New Year, The year of the Rabbit.

And it's already prove fortuitous for this little rabbit. She's been sitting on my desk for at least six months waiting for me to sew her right ear back in place, since it was hanging almost off. So because I wanted to use her for this post, she finally received the attention she required.

I also considered gathering a few of her family together to join her, but when I ventured into the dolls Studio, it was registering -3.4 on the scale!! So I retreated and have turned on the greenhouse heater that's in there to warm it up a little. So she stars alone for the year of the rabbit.

Today is very cold and they are saying, the weather people, that we could have some seriously cold weather heading our way in early February which is not that far away.


I finally finished this cardigan for Adam, I actually knitted the back of it last Spring! Then it was just left in my knitting bag for the rest of the year. I was not sure if the size I had started would still fit him but decided that it should at least get finished or it would be a waste. So it's done and hopefully he should get a few months wear out of it.

We went to visit the grand children yesterday and so now all the cardigans are with them. I am in the process of knitting another cardigan for Clara but for the autumn made up of the oddments of balls left over from this knitting spree. Then it appears that I will be needing to knit three adult cardigans, for my three adult daughters who have been grousing about how they have been cast aside now I have grandchildren to knit for!! They'll not be getting their cardigans until Christmas especially as I am a slow knitter and these will take longer to knit. Let's hope they don't land up like this one and just get started then left for month or even years....lol


So we got to meet the new kitten Alfie, who is a sweetheart and not at all shy, he was coming up and sniffing us and happy to be having a cuddle and a stroke. Here he is taking a nap on top of the 


Nimue, thankfully has now accepted this young interloper and plays with him and gives him a wash like a good big sister would.

Nim does have the most gorgeous Maine Coon face unfortunately I didn't think to take her photo straight on.

We had some good news, Paul has finally got a new date for his op! It will now hopefully, fingers crossed, be done at the end of this week. I'm saying no more so as not to jinks it.

While I was out visiting my daughter and grandchildren, Paul stayed home with the dogs and did a little more on the dolls house.


It now has the attic/ roof area in place! Once I finish this post I will be giving the window sills and stone work a second coat of paint along with the front door. So it's progressing nicely.

On the doll front, I have still been amazingly good and not purchased any dolls or doll related items! Only another nine days to go to make it to my goal of a doll/ items purchase free January. It's so close!

I did however sell a doll, which was good, so another non Sasha off to a new home and a good start to the year.

It was interesting looking back on the chat n snap event photos Friday, I had forgotten some of the themes, it's made me determined to have a good display this year. I may have to get Paul working on it earlier rather than later and just find somewhere to store it until October.

So I'm off to get on with painting parts of the dolls house, so I will wish you all a lovely happy healthy fun filled week ahead.

Dee



4 comments:

  1. What a cute pink bunny, did you make it Dee? I gave up knitting for adults a long time ago, it's like knitting a blanket for me, much prefer to knit smaller things. Love the kitty photos and next time don't forget the face of that Coon Kitty!!

    I've been meaning to ask you about the gap at the top of the dollhouse wall, I'm very curious, has Paul left it there for a reason? Aside from my curiosity, it's coming along nicely and I bet it will be great fun creating something "special" in that attic space.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas I did not make the bunny, it's by a seller on ebay. I have not knitted for my adult girls, knitting for dolls is so much quicker! lol
      I will get a photo of Nim's beautiful face to share.
      The gap you can see at the front is just because the front panels are just resting against the house not actually in place as they are still being painted.
      I'm thinking the attic will be a children's bedroom with several beds and all the things children would have in their room. Always fancied that for real if ever I'd had a lot of grandchildren , xx

      Delete
    2. ROFL! What a dipstick I am not to have realised that Dee, I bet you and Paul had a good laugh over my silly question.
      Now you mention the attic being a children's bedroom, I immediately pictured the kids attic room from Peter Pan. You're going to have so much fun with this house aren't you?

      Delete
    3. Actually we didn't as I could see how you might think that due to the way they were resting. Years ago I saw a photo of someones house where their attic room had four small metal beds and all the children's toys and I dreamed of having such a room in my home, but will make do with in the dolls house ;) xx

      Delete