Thursday 26 January 2023

COMING TOGETHER NICELY

 So yesterday we moved forward quite a bit with the attic room.


The attic front is cut and ready to be worked on for window openings. But of course I decided the ones i'd bought were not quite right so have ordered some more windows.


So I had ordered a door to be placed on the back wall to line up with the hallway below. By adding the section of wall to push it forward meant that the wallpaper fitted the rest of the room. Luckily I had another match pot of F&B blue, which looks fine with the wallpaper.


We also added some wooden flooring and gave it a wax and polish.


I placed this little Meileg metal bed in the room just to get a look at effect.


I'd like to have three or four metal children's beds in the room when time comes to put the furniture in.



I'm going to put wooden flooring into all the rooms and hallways. I only put the fake card flooring in, when I loaned the house to my workplace to use for a mortgage campaign. But now it's time to get the whole house finished.



So far so good. Paul goes in for his operation early tomorrow morning, so naturally this will go on the back burner for a week or so. I'll be looking at all things dolls house in the mean time and maybe the Sashas will finally get some attention!.















6 comments:

  1. Aww this is soooo beautiful!!! Which kind of dolls will live there? I wish Paul all the best for his OP!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm not sure what type of dolls will live here yet. I sold all my regency dolls house dolls years back when I got into Sasha!
      I gave Paul your best wishes x

      Delete
  2. I am loving the progression Dee, the house is looking really good and I love the little bed. Three or four of them will look just perfect in the attic and the blue wallpaper looks great!
    I can see a shopping spree coming on now, well in a few days if you want to keep to your goals. :)
    I wish Paul all the best with his op and hope he recovers quickly.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess I do love an old metal bed, I sleep in one myself lol. Yes I'd window shopping at present trying to find and decide just what beds to get, should they be all the same of slightly diffexxrent ? I'm one of four girls and we all shared a very large bedroom at one point but I cannot for the life of me remember if all the beds matched or were a hotch potch!
      Paul says thank you

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm back to bother you and have finally caught up on the wonderful progress you have made on This Georgian house. I have to say, you and Paul are very capable builders and get the work done really well and quickly. Builders in Wales need training from you!
    I am the bobbing builder to the residents of Dolly Mixture Lane who has been on strike for about four years now. Don't tell the little residents, but I'm also the pest control officer/arsonist who condemned two of their dwellings due to woodwork and got from sitting in our barn for years, then set fire to them!
    Please have a family in your house. Uninhabited dolls' houses never seem complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Nice to have you back.
      Sounds like the residents of Dolly Mixture Lane are in need of a couple of new houses to replace those destroyed by the pest controller/builder!
      Oh there will be residents residing in the house once complete, such houses must not be left open to squatters!

      Delete