Wednesday 1 October 2014

OCTOBER BRUNETTE OF THE MONTH

 Brunette of the month is the beautiful studio doll Michelle.


Belonging to Brigitte, who very kindly shares her with us.




Here are Brigitte's word about the lovely Michelle.


Michelle is a gypsum doll from 1950, I adopted her from Shelly. She needed some care, such as restringing and a new wig, because she had hair missing and was shedding more. (It was in her description, I knew about her problem zones) Her original black wig hat some grey hair which I think is a bit strange for a young girl. Perhaps it was the first owner’s hair that they used. 
Anyway, she has a new wig that I knotted for her and that is now only black. A dear Sasha friend gave me the untreated European hair. Michelle has some hairline cracks but nothing that I could not live with. Here clothes are Studio clothes. Whether they are original to her or not I don’t know, though I think for her age they would work with the old style sandals and that lovely hat.








A closer look at her lovely face paint.







The gorgeous Michelle in all her glory.I love her hat and her wig is great.

Many many thanks to the beautiful Brigitte for sharing her wonderful Sasha's with us.Please remember these photo's are the property of Brigitte and cannot be reproduced without her permission.


To everyone who has a birthday this month, I wish you many happy returns and a lovely day.To those who are coming to this years Chat n Snap I look forward to meeting you all for a great day of Chatting and snapping!!


**********************************************************************************************************************************


6 comments:

  1. A truly stunning Studio Doll with which to start this extra special Chat n' Snap month.

    Personally I would like to think that this is her original dress and that it was from her that the idea of the brunette, almost black, haired and blue Gingham, smocked, smock-style dress was used for the first manufactured 1966/7 Frido NP dolls.
    Many thanks to Brigitte for sharing this most attractive doll with us here.

    I'd like to join you too in wishing all the October birthday people a very happy and special day and a safe and pleasant journey to all those travelling to the CnS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is Kendal, what a lovely face and her eyes are stunning. I love her outfit and the hat is perfect for her. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness me, what a feast for the eyes, this beauty is! Isn't she just gorgeous!
    Thank you Brigitte and Dee....a great start to the new month.
    And yes, I'm really looking forward to the CnS and meeting all the lovely Sasha people that I've 'met' online!
    Bighugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigitte is an angel for sharing her studio dolls with us.
      The Cn S is galloping towards us!! I really have to get a move on!!
      looking forward to meeting you and lots of others
      hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  3. A fabulous studio doll and how nice to learn about her and the improvements Brigitte has made. She looks lovely in her studio dress, hat and sandals. Thank you and Brigitte too for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is indeed Ginger. Brigitte is a darling for sharing her with us all :)xx

      Delete