Sunday 19 July 2015

SUNDAY CATCH UP

Well we had a busy day Saturday , I had to work in the morning and Paul was out at an archery talk, then in the evening we were out to dinner at our friends, so not a lot done in the Studio although Paul did start boarding the roof.


So today Paul's been boarding out the roof, the little open panel is so we can access the point for the lighting.


While he had his tools out, he put up some brackets to hold the shelves that will go above the worktops.


While helping me, his side of the workshop waits his time and energy for a big sort out and resign.


After lunch he set about painting the boards for me.




Two coats of Almond white later ! Finished The reason they are almond white is we are using up the ends of paint pots that have been sitting about, trying not to spend too much on doing it up.

Paul is now painting the dividing wall on the right with a second coat of white , then I have a small area of floor to stain with the Sea Grass , we need to buy a long shelf and use some wood from a unit we no longer need from the doll room for the second shelf and then it's ready for the BIG MOVE!!


It rained over night but the day is gorgeous, very windy but for me the perfect English summer day.


Blue skies and white fluffy clouds.


Well I have been watching an item of accessory for my Studio for months, but I have been unsure if it would be a good size and also the price was quite high.Then two things happened.
Knowing that my friend Carol in Canada could see these in her local store, I asked if she'd seen if the size would suit Sasha.
By return email she said she'd take a Sasha and check this out for me, a day or so later a set of photo's arrived.
At the same time I was discussing with my sister Michelle how expensive these items were, when she told me she'd found them cheaper on another website! This item cost me £25 less and no postage on the site Michelle recommended.
So after receiving Carol's photo's and Michelle website details I did make a purchase.


The Gourmet Kitchen set by Our Generation.
It consists of one unit in which is a stove, sink with dishwasher below and shelving with a microwave plus all the goods needed to make this work and a free standing fridge/freezer.

Here you can see Ashley standing in front., although the kitchen box is higher, the size to the earlier dolls is very good. I am considering putting a small painted block of wood under them to give them a little more height if needed but will wait until they are in situ before deciding if that's needed!


A closer look at what extra's you get.


here you can see the electric mixer and bowl plus pots and things.


I will not remove it from the box until the studio is ready for it to be put in place.

Below are the photo's Carol very kindly sent me.






Carol's girl checking out the goods.


Carol ready kindly steadies her girl on her purse for one foot and the other in the box, so I can see the height of cooker to Sasha!


The view from above!


Then she was checking it all out!! I loved the look of the diner that she is standing on!


It's full of many good things including a small booth with table and chairs plus a revolving cake stand!! And it's a high price !! even on the cheaper website.But £70 cheaper than on Amazon!!


Well that's this Sunday's catch up. Many thanks to the lovely Carol for checking this Kitchen set out for size and the Lovely Michelle for telling where I could buy it cheaper.


*********************************************************************************

15 comments:

  1. Not too sure now what made me think in the beginning that you'd be working on your side whilst Paul would be concentrating on his side!!! Silly me!

    Loving the new Our Generation kitchen accessories which should provide lots of action and story scope for your future posts. SO many wonderful items included. Looking forward to seeing these once the studio is finally finished and the Sasha house move completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul's been doing other things while I worked on my side in the beginning , then he helped me last weekend and this to get the roofing and painting done. Only he can do his side as he needs to sort things out make more room, but I will help where I can :)

      The our generation range is very good, a liitl too many of the items can be pink but someone put a link of FB to their site where they at least had more of a range of colours including this set in silver grey BUT with oink handles!!
      I'm looking forward to finding the right place for it in the studio set up.

      Delete
  2. hi Dee i am not sure if you know this, but Smythes Toy Shops in England stock this for £59.99 and they sell other Our generation stuff too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa
      Yes I know Smythes do sell these and other Our Generation things, they sell them for a very competitive price too unless you can pop over to the US and pick them up! xx

      Delete
  3. Smyths had this set for £49.99 then it went up to £59.99 but I got lucky recently as a friend of a friend was selling her brand new boxed set for £40! I have not had a chance to unbox it yet and have particular plans for it during the summer. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with yours in your new Sasha studio which is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really handy if you can find someone selling one that they have changed their mind about or no longer require , a good price £40.
      Yes it's soon going to be time to start making decisions about what goes where and how!

      Delete
  4. Hi Dee
    Well, I think you got a bargain - several bargains actually! The kitchen is well worth the money you paid, if you compare it with the over-priced American Girl stuff. It's gorgeous, so much to use in assorted scenes and for your girls to cook in and your boys and bears to make a mess in...... Thanks for the info, at that price, I might have to invest - just as long as I'm not thought a copy-cat!

    Then there's that wonderful bargain you bagged all those yeears ago...PAUL! Worth his weight in gold, that man is. Lucky, aren't we? Not every woman id blessed with such generous, kind and loving men in their lives as we have.

    Finally, you have a bargain studio! Looked at assorted summer houses, cabins etc. today. HOW MANY THOUSAND POUNDS!!!!
    Then I set my sights a little lower - a teeny shed as a studio, perhaps? No?
    A small chicken coop. No?
    - well we need a new one for our hens, so could I have the old one? No?
    The ducks need that one, do they? OK, a little plastic wendyhouse? No?
    OK, my studio is once again the kitchen table!

    Dee the queen of perfect, permanent bargains! And you deserve them, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen
      I am happy with what I paid for it which was well under the price I had seen elsewhere, sometimes you have to buy it when you see it . Do the American girls have a kitchen? yes they can be pricey but again if you keep your eyes open you can pick things up a little cheaper.
      I would never think someone a copycat just because they have something I do, after all we all buy items and then don't use them for ages! I have quite a few things I have not used yet, an AG wheelchair and an AG pet carrier that goes on the back of a bike to name but a couple!! and there are many more !
      LOL yes Paul is definitely the best thing I ever spotted and bought home!! :) Your Bruce is a darling too and you know, having a supportive husband is the best :)
      As for the studio , I am so lucky that we had it built when we moved in 10 years ago and that Paul is happy to give me a chunk of it and help me move in! I have looked at those summer houses GORGEOUS but thousands!! I'd rather have the dolls !!
      I do like to tell people if I find something that they may be interested in and may want to know the size etc in relation to sasha and want to get which is why I set up my info page, it's amazing how many people don't like to give away their sources.
      I am sure someone out there is the Queen of the bargains but not me but I am happy with the ones I do come across :) xx

      Delete
  5. Looking great, can't wait to see it all done and set up :)
    Where did you get the OG kitchen from Dee? My mum wants one and we are waiting on Smyths doing their annual 25% off everything sale later this year! But figure she could try and get it earlier if she can get it for a good price. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise :) I got it from Smythes I had some birthday money left so did not want to wait til the end of year , as I wanted it for my Studio!! I did not find it cheaper anywhere else at the moment :)xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Dee, she'll definitely be holding on till their sale then lol x

      Delete
  6. Um, wow! A £70 price difference between websites! Toys have become expensive. I thought a set like the diner would maybe cost £50-70. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Too! But I saw it for £170 !!! then at a reduced price of £99 all still too expensive ! :)

      Delete
  7. Such a nice kitchen set Dee! I can't wait to see it all in place when you are ready to display it. It is very nice to have friends help you find the best items and for a good price! A great post! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger. I'm very pleased with the kitchen set and it's lovely when people share where you can find things at good prices. :)xxx

      Delete