Wednesday 1 July 2015

JULY 1ST

Well it's now the start of the second half of the year! The last six months have flown by! I'll announce the photo comp tomorrow because today's my birthday and I wanted to share my birthday present from me to well .....me!

I was minding my own business on Face Book last month when up popped a new post and on it was a photo of this Sasha and it said she was for sale! Well to say I was smitten is an understatement , I was typing my request for a price and to buy her before my mind knew what my fingers were up to!

In the words of Lady K, She was a 'Dee Must Have doll!' I could not believe that she'd appeared as I had been speaking to another Sasha collector about wanting one such as her and she'd said she keep an eye open for me.Then all of a sudden there she was!

Thank goodness I was in the right place at the right time and it was agreed she was mine on a short layaway.
 So here is my new girl who arrived last week and I have patiently waited to share her with you.



The lovely Magda.


Look at that face! What's not to love about it! Well I know a few of you out there do not love or even like these no nose ( but should really be called Snub nosed ) dolls and many years ago I would have agreed but over time my Sasha tastes have changed and grown and now I just love these Sasha's.
So now I have the beautiful Magda means I now have a girl with each hair colour, perfect.



Now almost the same thing happen to me the other week! I was on my blog site and just as I was about to go into it, the sidebar changed and it announced that Sarah of Vintage Sasha had just listed clothes!

I clicked on quick knowing that time was of the essence and did not get further than this item which was the third one on there before I was emailing rapidly hoping I was in time! Well I was , as luck would have it , and therefore this gorgeous Turquoise coloured outfit arrived here just the other week to await this young lady's arrival.



 It could have been made just for her! I just LOVE colour ! and so this is right up my street, would love an outfit in this fabric myself.


 I think it suits Magda perfectly.


I took Magda off round the garden for a mini photo shoot.


Magda standing on the covered benches with the sea grass paint, I'm wondering if this is my colour palette this summer! Turquoise, greens, blues and purples?


a closer look at that sweet face.


I know she should probably be wearing just sandals with this outfit but the socks and shoes were almost a perfect match so I just had to put them on her.


Magda has lovely hair and plenty of it.


She stands very well and is enjoying modelling for me today.


There are certain dolls that when they arrive they make you smile, Magda for me was on of those.


A definite keeper :)


At the moment she stands on the mantelpiece above the fireplace because I need to find her a place with the others, oh and I do like to be able to glance at her now and then .....  :)


So to everyone else who has a birthday this month, we send our birthday wishes that you have a beautiful day and receive something you deserve.And to those who have other memorable occasions such as weddings and births, may all be a joy and we wish you a long and happy life.



*********************************************************************************

16 comments:

  1. A very happy Sasha-filled birthday to you from me and my Sasha Brood. What fab presents you have here. (Had wondered who had bought THAT outfit off vintage-sasha. I was much later in arriving at her blog.... but was at least able manage to purchase one that I did particularly like as all but one had already gone.
    Yes a super vibrant colour for the gorgeous Magda. (Silly me! Should have guessed that you had bought it knowing your love of all bright colours!)

    Snap! I too stand my new dolls on the mantlepiece so that I can get ANOTHER and another and another glance at her/him/baby as I pass by.

    Enjoy your lunch out at the Old Water Mill. Beautiful hot sunny day again but luckily we have a breeze blowing here today........unlike yesterday when it was a total scorcher so couldn't do anything but try to find cool places to sit and rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal, lunch at the old water mill was lovely but we have had the scorcher down here today! So too hot of much else but sitting around trying to get cool.
      Please send some of that breeze down if you have some to spare for tomorrow!
      I do love my new girl Magda and her Vintage Sasha outfit.
      I'll share my other Sasha presents at the weekend :) xx

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Dee! Hope that you have a lovely day today with a super year to follow. Your new girl is stunning! Her dress looks perfect for her. Wishing you a day of blue skies and sunshine...Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, we did have the blue skies and the sun, in fact it was too hot! :)
      But a lovely day. I am very happy with Magda and her VS outfit :) Dee

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a very happy birthday on such a hot day and Magda is a gorgeous choice for a present. (make sure she doesn't melt!)Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viv, it was hot today, so Magda stayed safely indoor meeting all her new brothers and sisters. :) Dee

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Dee. Magda is 'dee'licious and the outfit suits her perfectly!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, Magda is 'dee' lightful 'dee'licious I agree :) and well you just cannot go wrong with a VS outfit can you ? :)xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Dee! Magda is just gorgeous and I love her in that new turquoise outfit down to her toes!!! Congratulations on a wonderful new girl to add to your Sasha family. I know you love redheaded girls particularly so this dear one is a major coup in the Village. Thank you for sharing your happiness and I love the many photos of Magda, she is just fabulous!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. I do indeed love the red heads and Magda is a wonderful addition to the Village clan. I could almost believe Sarah had her in mind when she made the outfit even thought she'd not know I'd see it ! :)xxx

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Dee, and thank you for sharing your lovely birthday pressie from you to you! She really is a very pretty little thing and that VS outfit is just perfect for her, a great colour.
    I hope you had a super day, and many more!
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, Magda is a much loved addition to the fold! :) sometimes things are just meant to be like me and Magda and Magda and the VS outfit! :) Hugs Dee xxx

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Dee, it looks like it was a good birthday - a new member of the Sasha Village and a boiling hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dollmum, it was a very good birthday but could have done without the boiling hot day but then according to my late mother I was born during a thunder storm !:)

      Delete
  8. Funny, how many dolls seem to just "volunteer" for adoption into The Village when you are "just minding your own business." :)

    Happy Birthday to you and congratulations on your lovely new girl. She looks like just the thing to make a birthday positively wonderful. Her outfit is gorgeous and I do love that bright turquoise color. Of course, I think it was a bigger miracle that you managed to grab one of the new Vintage Sasha outfits before they all sold. I'm starting to think that the availability of one of those outfits is rarer than the mintiest NP Boy!

    I hope you continue to have a great day, and congratulations again on your cute new daughter!

    The Family at Fern Woods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny isn't it! :) Maybe I should be looking to adopt one, then I'd never see one I wanted ! :)
      Thank you for the birthday wishes, she did indeed make my birthday a wonderful event .I can honestly say that managing to get a Vintage Sasha outfit you want before it's sold is probably harder than finding a nice minty or even un-minty NP boy! :)

      Delete