Sunday 8 September 2013

A SHROPSHIRE TALE PART TWO

When we visited Berrington Hall, we arrived back at the car park to find a lovely old car . Zak and Ginny insisted on being allowed to go and have a look round it, then wanted a photo taken of themselves on the running board.


" Can you see us Mum? " calls Zak " maybe you should come closer? I don't want Toby to miss seeing me here!"


"Is this close enough? " Mum asks Zak smiling
" Yep !" smiles a happy Zak
" Oh No!" says Mum " Ginny where's your sandal!"
Mum is worried , realising that Ginny's Rosie Bloomfield sandal is missing ! Where could it have fallen, she walks back to the car looking carefully in case it's lying in the grass. But no luck!
Back at the car she tell's dad, then remember's that she had not fastened them because the socks were too thick, could it have got lost else where!!
But luckily!!! sigh.. it was in the bag that Ginny and Zak napped in while travelling around. So Mum took off the socks and did the sandals UP!


Forgot to show you this photo of one of the many types of Apple tree's found in the orchard at Berrington Hall.....


On Monday we took a trip to Wales to Aberystwyth , here is a photo of Ginny and Zak with the bay behind them.

It was not cold just overcast and with the normal sea breeze. Zak and Ginny were very impressed with a gentleman , who asked if Mum was Ok , as he thought she'd fallen over when in fact she was just on her knee's taking their photo!!!


Dad also took a photo of Ginny and Zak but he did not have to get down on his knee's to do it!


Mossy said he could feel his emerald throbbing with the Celtic power that oozed from the air around him! when he sat on the ruined castle wall.


This is a side view of Attingham Park where we took shelter from the sun on a lovely wooden bench under the side promenade.


The walled garden was full of Vegetables and things.....


Mossy was very naughty and went to take a Leek in the garden!


I love gateways , doorways and windows ! So thought I would include this photo of a Gateway that takes you round the side of the house at Dudmaston.


Mossy was not impressed with this sign! I asked him what he was doing? He said he was looking for Paws!!


This is Ginny in the Garden at Dudmaston .


I will give you a clue and say this is a certain bear in the garden at Dudmaston! I only know where he is because I took the photo......


A photo of some of the flowers in the walled garden at Croft Castle.


another bed.



This is a photo of the drive through the castle outer wall, built in the 1930's of Croft castle with it's lovely flower beds.I wonder if I could get the DH to build a nice arch over the drive way?
I'll just go ask him.......

13 comments:

  1. Another bunch of lovely photos, it looks like you all had a very nice time on your holidays! I'm glad you found Ginny's shoe, my goodness they're too nice to lose!
    I spied Mossy in lots of photos, hooray!
    I really like those steps with the flowers growing all over them, very pretty.
    If you get hubby to build an arch, won't this take him away from doing the wallpapering and sorting out the workroom for you to have a proper half? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found Ginny's shoe , they are irreplaceable due to Rosie not making any more at the moment!
      That Mossy was all over the place! lol
      Maybe I'll have to wait to ask about the Arch as I do so want by wallpaper to finally go up and I need that 'studio'!! :)I'll save that idea for another time...keep him on his toes!!!

      Delete
    2. Poor Paul! He'll NEVER be able to complain of being bored with you around!

      Delete
  2. Am I hear before SS-R? Do hope so as we should be on even keels again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am losing my grip...must do better...not fall asleep at the keyboard :)
      Superb post as ever...loved Mr Mos having a leak :) Disappointed there are not pages of photos of flowers as you know how much I enjoy seeing them..hopefully next time:)

      Delete
  3. 'Just up my street'.....whooops! meant 'Just up my holiday!'

    This is just how I like my holiday breaks, full of interesting places and things to go to and see (and naturally photograph)instead of lounging on sunbeds drenched in high factor sun cream soaking up that skin-Cancerous sun around pools!

    Perfect weather too for sightseeing with not a drop of rain in sight!

    So pleased that you found Ginny's precious sandal. When I first spotted her without one I thought that you had deliberately taken it off to aide her standing on the car's straight running board....but then soon realised that this was not the case as then it would have been the other sandal.
    (If it had been me loosing one it might have put a slight 'blight' on my holiday as I probably wouldn't have taken a spare pair for her as I do for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being naturally blonde and pale skinned I have never been one for sitting in the sun, only managed to sit on beach when girl's were little so they could play!
      We always like to be out and about seeing what's interesting around the area of anywhere we visit.
      When I saw her sandal was missing, I was stunned , so glad it had fallen off in the bag on not elsewhere! I don't think Paul would have agreed to drive me to Stokesay again so I could look for it...well he probably would but under protest!!
      I had no other clothes for them with me, as it was only at the last minute that I decided to take them!

      Delete
    2. Only decided to take them at the last minute!!!! Just as well you did or else I would not easily be forgiving you.
      I ALWAYS have a Sasha or two rolling around in the car boot with the camera (and spare memory card and battery besides them)....just in case!

      Delete
    3. That's because you are a pro at this Kendal and I just a humble beginner :)

      Delete
  4. Am I right in thinking that YOU have just added TWO more photos of FLOWERS, though at Croft Castle, especially at SS-R's request?
    (Hoping that she returns back here again to appreciate them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right in thinking I added two more photo's but I had not seen SS-R's request I just remembered that I had not included them due to the late hour that I posted!
      So added them on :)

      Delete
  5. I see you Mr Mossy, it certainly looks like Mr Mossy was haveing a great time.

    ReplyDelete