Sunday 22 September 2013

HOW DO YOU...

store your clothes and things for your Sasha's and Gregor's? I ask because I have just spent at least half an hour looking for some clothes and boots that I cannot find!

Those of you who follow this blog on a regular basis will know that I have a Sasha cupboard where I can hang some of their dresses, coats ,sweaters etc. Which is good but still not enough space! Now the problem with this is that any dress with pants or hair band etc will not be together which can be a problem if you come to sell something and cannot remember which pants etc, if not same fabric, goes with which!

Also I still have other things stored in boxes of various sizes!

When I change a Sasha or Gregor I will put the clothes I have taken off on the side and then one thing leads to another and things get separated or put somewhere else and like today i cannot find anything! Although It does mean I can find something I totally forgot I had!!

Kendal is very organised and keeps her dresses and their matching items in plastic bags in large boxes, the plastic bags could be a good idea to adopt to ensure that things stay together but I made me wonder what others do?

It would be interesting to find out, I look forward to your comments  :)


*********************

5 comments:

  1. Am I here before SS-R? Do hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put all my Dollydoodles, Vintage Sasha, Petrana sets in a plastic box, the dress sets are on hangers in the wardrobe and the panties/hair ties etc that come with them are put into small plastic bags with a note stateing which dress set they belong to. T-shirts, trousers, shorts are in thier chest of draws

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Dee said I do have three LARGE boxes stored in my bedroom in which to keep their clothing. A few months ago I had to replace these (years old!) as they were bulging from too many items being hastily pushed into them so that the lids were not fitting on them properly.
    The new boxes were just that bit slightly larger so that helped matters and when I measured them up it seemed that I could get FOUR stacked one upon the other and still not going any higher than my dressing table height. (This forth will soon house their soft toys and smaller accessories that ARE scattered here, there and everywhere about the bungalow!)

    Normally (and I use this word lightly!) one box has their Summer dresses and outfits, the second the Winter clothing and the third ALL Dollydoodle leisure wear plus their underwear, tights and socks.

    Each outfit is kept together with the use of a mixed bunch of plastic bags but the future plan is to have all matching bags to give some uniformity.

    Their shoes, sandals, trainers boots etc are in see-through plastic boxes in one of the drawers under the spare bed. I try to keep the sandals in one box, boots in another, trainers in a third and an assortment of others in the fourth.

    Have finally, though only recently, gathered all their hair ribbons, bands and hair slides etc into one box along with their hairbrush.

    The wigs are in a box at the bottom of one of my wardrobes.

    Any original outfits are stored in one of the bedside chest's drawers.

    Sasha books, phamplets, postcards, leaflets, magazines and related articles are in the 'second under the spare bed' drawer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention that ALL the Sasha pictures are now hanging on the walls where they should be!

      Delete
  4. Well my Sashas and Gregors have their clothes all in a large plastic box with a lid....none of the stuff is in separate plastic bags though, just all piled in one on top of the other. Their shoes are in a small human shoe box that I picked up outside a shoe shop here on the coast. It attracted me as it is pretty and decorated with tiny flowers.
    My other dolls clothes are divided between four similar large boxes, each labelled with the dolls sizes, so I have SD, MSD, Narsha, and 'Tinies'...most of the boxes are absolutely jam packed with clothes as I never seem to throw anything away. Then I have another smaller box with holds the clothing of the very tiny tiny dolls! Oh and I keep socks in bags so that I don't have to tip everything out of the boxes to find two matching ones!!!
    And then the shoes are again divided by size, but only into two drawers. But then because the majority of my dolls are BJDs, I also have a large box of wigs (all sizes) and then eyes, again all sizes!!!!
    My sewing/dolly room is so jam packed with stuff that there is barely any room in there for me!!!
    I bet you wish you'd never asked!!!

    ReplyDelete