Monday 9 September 2013

DO YOU...

always put a new outfit you buy  on your Sasha or Gregor or baby the day you receive it?
Or do you save it for later ? Do you buy it for a certain 'display' or reason so therefore not use it until then?
or do you put it on straight away because you want to see it!
Or do you put it away only to discover it later as a nice surprise or a Oh I never knew I had that ! moment.


Why is she asking ? I sense you wondering ! Well above I have put a photo of Gill's girl's in their Ruth Hartley repro smocked dresses. I love these dresses and have bought a couple over time and when I saw Gill's girl's in these It made me think I must get on and buy some more! Now I bought for one for Ginny my Red haired No navel, it's the green one not shown here. Then when I got my second No navel Ashley I bought her the raspberry one, also not shown here. I had them both ready and waiting for the Sasha's arrival so they had a outfit new for them on arrival.
Then I acquired three more No navel's over time but got behind with getting them these dresses, other dresses were available to be new for them on arrival.I must say I was convinced I had another set but unfortunately not!

So what set me on this question is that I finally bought the Blue set , shown here on Gill's red haired slate eyed girl but it's for my No navel girl, so do I change them yet again ! but I still need two more dresses to make the set or do I use the dresses for three other girls? Or do I put it away and wait for a long while until I get two more ? Or until they need changing again then three of them could wear them? but then it's now Autumn and will soon be winter and they'll need warm clothes??
So I just wondered what other's did?

And writing this as made me decide that I'm going to change three of the girls into these outfits or I could be waiting a long time ...Thanks for the help :)
I'll put a photo of the three on tomorrow, it's dark and grey and raining here now! hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow and I'll get some good photo's.

It will be interesting to know what other's do with their new outfits....

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh gosh! Only three seconds apart. That's the closest yet!

      Delete
  2. I have no set pattern really. I normally buy outfits on a whim, and then decide when they get here wherever I like them or not. I find Sasha girls extremely easy to buy for, there always seems to be a shortage of Gregor clothes so seamstresses out there take please note and make something for the boys! At the moment I a reassessing the kids autumn/winter wardrobe and have much to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I to have made the impulse buy but have go an awful lot better!! :)
      and it's true the girl's have much more of a range of clothes to chose from !
      There are a few more people making for boy's now.

      How nice that you have a 'good' reason to buy for the autumn/winter season :)

      Delete
    2. Luckily for me I'm never tempted to buy on an impluse or on a whim.
      I only buy if I've really been attracted to an outfit and it fits my Sasha Doll outfit criteria....pretty, different, unusual and 'A Kendal-must-have!'

      Delete
  3. That's a whole lot of questions there, Dee!

    I do ALL of those things depending on the 'whys or wherefores' that the outfit was bought.....BUT I do like to spend a day or two admiring it whilst I set to thinking which doll it might suit the very best.

    Next stage is holding it in front of the dolls that I have decided that it will look good on.

    Then comes the actual trying on and finally selecting the shoes, socks (and hair ribbons if needed.)

    When I'm fully satisfied that all is the best that I could do she/he awaits for the next photographic session.

    Bet you're thinking what 'A mountain out of a molehill' but I like to get the most pleasure that I can from each purchase as these occasions of a new outfit don't come round as often as I or my Sasha Dolls would like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a good plan for fitting the right outfit to the right doll.
      Which is why yours are always well turned out while I'm will be missing the right colour shoes or ribbons!

      Delete
  4. Well, I haven't bought hardly any outfits yet for mine as I enjoy sewing for them so much. However, what I have bought, I've generally tried on them straight away. Or if I've bought it for a doll that hasn't yet arrived, then I'll put it on him or her when he/she arrives.
    In the main, if I buy a new doll, I will make an outfit with that doll in mind, prior to their arrival, so that when they arrive and have been cleaned up (if necessary) then I will put that outfit on them straight away.
    Love those smocked dresses by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to get the view of an outfit maker.
      So like some of us you like to have a new outfit waiting for your new doll and make that outfit to suit the doll thats due.
      Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  5. Mostly new outfits are put on right away. Sometimes I'll put aside an outfit for a sad (vacation is over for instance) day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie , that's very interesting that you will save one for making a sad time better :)

      Delete
  6. I don't buy many new outfits, though I look at them longingly! when I do it is usually for a specific doll and the outfit almost always goes on straight away unless the weather doesn't suit (eg a dollydoodles hoody hasn't gone on a doll yet because I got it in the height of summer). As you know I sew for our Sasha and bigger Gotz collection, so buying an outfit is a real treat, I buy things that I wouldn't normally make myself (especially shoes) or that when I see it is completely and utterly irrisistable. With very limited funds for dolls due to home decorating (and now the need to replace our old car) I have to be very disciplined about what I buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DM, I'm similar in that I will usually buy a dress with a Sasha in mind to wear it and very rarely when it arrives put it on another.
      And of course as you say if the outfit or item is winter and it's still summer then you are forced to wait, then you have to remember that you have it!
      Unfortunately the cost of 'living' does get in the way of our Sasha obsession :)

      Delete