Thursday 12 September 2013

WILL HE SUCCEED ?

There was a rumour running round Lady Kendal's Mansion in the North! A very important person had arrived and he was going to be interviewing Sasha's in the conservatory!


Poppy whispered to her sister Raine " Shall we go and apply? "
" Well I think we should "
So they set off for the conservatory .They passed a sign which read

QUIET PLEASE!
INTERVIEW'S IN CONSERVATORY
ONLY NP GIRL'S NEED APPLY
NO WAIFS AND STRAYS.

Giggling they hurried on not wanting to be the last in line!


It was not long before an incredible line up of  NP girl's were gossiping and giggling in a long line in Lady K's conservatory and there at the very front sat a little red bear on a rocking chair!


Let's just have a look at the beauties in this line up..


I see the chatterboxes are in the middle...


and the shy ones and late comers are at the end.


Just for a moment Reuben is over come by the fact that he is finally in the presence of so many NP girls.
Maybe just maybe he'll find what he is looking for!
He pull's himself together and calls the first one forward, after instructing Percy to take photo's of what's happening, so he can refer back later!


" Name " demands Reuben !
" Angel " says the young Sasha in front of him
" Can you read? " demands the little bear
" Yes" says Angel
" Did you read the sign on your way in!"
" Yes " says Angel confused
" To the very end?" demands Reuben
"Yes!" says Angel getting annoyed
"Then you would have seen that WAIFS need not apply!"
" Why you cheeky little..." she tries to think of a word that is not rude but unable to in her anger, she storms off!

"Next" shouts the little bear...

" Name !"
" Lavender , good afternoon "
" Do you have all your teeth? " demands the little bear
Lavender looks confused
" Oh never mind !, you are possibly what I am looking for, please wait over to the side . NEXT!"


" N name " stutters Reuben at the beautiful Np in front of him
"Iris " she replies
" Would you be so kind as to wait to one side with ....mmm what's her name ..oh yes Lavender "
" Certainly " smiles Iris moving away.

Reuben takes a moment to pull himself together! " NEXT!"


"Name !"
"Saffron , Good afternoon Sir "
Reuben pauses for a moment liking the sound of being called ..Sir !
" I was not going to consider any brunette's but I have changed my mind, please wait with the others!"

"Next!"


Next up is Raine and as Reuben questions her and looks her over, the other girl's move forward talking in whispers to each other about the little bear and how Angel left the conservatory with a face like thunder !


" He's very rude " says Poppy to India " I'm not sure if I want him to pick me!"
Meanwhile Raine's been told she's nice but not nice enough!


Next up is little Kendal, who is very shy, so won't look Reuben in the eye and stammer's all her answers in a wobbly voice .
But Reuben seems to like her so she is asked to wait with the others.


Soon it's Pinky's turn , It seems the little bear's not impressed and she's soon on her way!


Name !" demands the little bear
"Chon " says the young Sasha " What's yours?"
" Your rude!" says Reuben miffed
" Likewise" replies the girl
Reuben opens his mouth to speak but Chon speaks first " Don't bother ! How's it go...NEXT!" and she strolls off giggling.


" Good afternoon " this Sasha rushes to speak " My name's India , it's a pleasure to meet you Sir
I hope your journey here was good !"
" NO it was not!" says Reuben " That Panda made me sleep in a hedgerow while they all slept in the caravan and it Rained!" unfortunately or fortunately for India her question puts Reuben out of sorts , so she is soon sent on her way!


Next up is Lillian called affectionately Miss Lippy but just as Reuben is about to speak Fritz appears beside the rocking chair
" I hope you were not about to upset my sister ? " he asks in a low and menacing voice
Reuben stands up ready to make a run for it if this lad turn's nasty


" I can see you must be Reuben and I have just had a phone call from Harriet down in the Sasha Village, she asked me to check if you were here and told me to tell you that you'd better be in that caravan when it gets back or she'll be on the next train!" Fritz moves in close and whispers something in Reuben's ear that makes the little bear eyes nearly pop out of his head !
" She would not !" he trembles
"From what I have heard of Hattie she probably would " confirm's Fritz..
Reuben jumps down from the chair and hurries off




"Where's he going? " demands Ruby pointing her finger at Fritz " What have you done!"
" Yes " demands Lyra " this is my best lemon dress and he never even got to see me in it!"
" What did you say to him!" says Lippy " Did you threaten him Fritz! That's not very nice !"


Reuben rushes across the conservatory to find Edward, who Reuben had told to stuff his car and caravan He would not be needing a lift back to that village of waifs!


"Well Fritz!" demands Lippy " You'd best go after him and apologise!"
" WHAT! " cries Fritz " I am not apologising to the little upstart bear!"
" I cannot believe how horrible you are being " cries Lippy and the others.
" ME!"
" Yes you" they all cry!


"Where's he going? " asks Lavender as Reuben hurries past
India who was holding Saffron's place for the second interview , while she went to the little girl's room, whispered to Kendal " he's not very nice K, you would not really like him as your very own bear honest!"
" I think he's a little sweetie " smiles Iris as Reuben hurries past  she calls out " Don't forget to let us know who you chose !"
" I'll send a letter with my selection " calls Reuben rushing off , he's worried how he'll get back if that rotten old Panda won't let him in the caravan..





The last of the girl's and those selected for a second interview start making their way out of the conservatory feeling very deflated after all the earlier excitement.
" And we are not talking to you Fritz , you've spoiled everything!" calls Lyra as they all start to leave.


" I just saved you all from a fate worse than death !  But does anyone thank me Noooooooo!"





*********************************                                      *******************


I would like to Thank Lady Kendal for allowing me to rearrange all her conservatory furniture , NP's and Fritz for the telling of this tale.
I  also must say that apart from Miss Lippy and Fritz, I named all Kendal's girls to make this tale easier to tell.
I must also say that having Kendal's beautiful NP girls all in one place to drool over was an incredible privilege and a sight to behold.

NO NP's were hurt in the making of this story..THANK GOD!

xxx

20 comments:

  1. ......And it's 'Good evening' from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three in a row! Kendal I salute you:)
      Fabulous to see my best girl Lippy!!
      Another wonderful post..thank you Dee and Kendal for putting it all together!

      Delete
    2. I would not dare leave her out :) so I made sure she had a starring role :))

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous collection of Sasha's, but what I really want to know is what Hattie could have possibly threatened Rueben with via Fritz to make his little legs rush off so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are a Fabulous collection.
      But Fritz never told me what He told Reuben Hattie had said and she's not telling... :)

      Delete
  3. Oh MY! I hadn't realised that you and your husband were doing ALL this in that short time. Your poor knees kneeling on that hard, cold tiled conservatory floor.

    I just loved the set-ups and story and it was a sheer pleasure seeing my NP girls through someone else's eyes and camera lens. Many thanks to Dee and her husband.)

    Good old, head of the Brood, Fritz standing up to Reuben (though I'm not sure just what has happened to his hair since he's removed his saggy beanie. Looks like it needs a good trim and plenty of conditioner! Obviously a job for Sarah P on her next visit!)

    Noticing the rain streaming down the windows. Can hardly believe it as until then we've been without the rain that other parts of the country have had and with the water butt being empty I've been having to water my Runner Beans with a watering-can by hand.

    I'm noticing that Dee's favourite NP doll of mine (that''s she's named Little Kendal' for the post) had rather a star part!

    I have been wondering since the plot was first hatched how you were going to tackle the situation and I have to 'take my hat off to you' Dee for this superb Reuben post (whom I hope has now been put in his place by Fritz and Hattie!) although whether he has learnt anything from it all we've yet to see!

    I would like to thank Dee, her husband and Gillian (Nash) and their accompanying Sasha Dolls for making the long journey up here and for giving me such a delightful Sasha funday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For taking photo's of such fabulous Sasha's it was well worth a frozen knee or two!
      and it was great to be able to put them all together in one shot, although due to effect I needed for post , some are to the side so not completely seen, which is why I went down the line.
      I must say that it is true little Kendal and her gorgeous colour outfit are both my favourite :)
      And despite you saying that I always bring the rain with me :) I thought the day was fine!
      Glad you enjoyed the plot.
      We Paul, Gill and Myself thank you for the great time, beautiful photo opportunities and the scones ! :)

      Delete
  4. Love it. I'm looking forward to showing this to my little girl in the morning - she reads your posts while eating her breakfast.

    I'm glad Hattie, with the help of her pal Fritz, put Reuben in his place. He had his NP day but is Hattie's bear whether he likes it or not!

    I'm glad you enjoyed visiting Kendal again and all her lovely doll family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Lucky Fritz was around to sort Reuben out and give him Hattie's message even if half of his Np sisters are giving him the cold shoulder but I'm sure they'll soon forget about their rude little visitor!
      Hope R enjoy's it along with her breakfast :)

      Delete
  5. This was really funny to watch, thanks to both of you.
    (And I love to see the german Fritz ending that procedure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Digne and I am so glad Fritz was there to keep control of that little Reuben :)

      Delete
  6. well Reuben surely has cheek! to dare interview all those beautiful girls in such a rude manner! my heart broke for the first girl with the beautiful bob that he so rudely dismissed! Good for Hattie & Fritz for keeping a check on Reuben!

    Thanks Dee for a great story:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid that Reuben is far to rude and only Hattie will be able to set him straight, when she can get hold of him..
      Glad you enjoyed the story :)

      Delete
  7. What a great post Dee! I am sure you have missed your vocation in life (being a children's book writer) as your story's are so well thought out! Looking forward to seeing Hattie taking Reuben in hand
    Not so much of the tart you, I am a happily married man, lol.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I missed it to! lol :)
      Glad you liked the latest edition of Reuben's tale.
      I'm sure James saved you from your naughty ways ..lol :)xxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  8. Dee!!!! Another fantastic story and gorgeous photos! That naughty Reuben....he really has the cheek of the devil, doesn't he!!!' I'm delighted that Fritz put him straight about a few things, but it's sad that so many of the girls were disappointed after getting their hopes up!!! :)
    Loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, that Reuben is a little tike , who Hattie is going to have to keep a closer watch on! :)
      I had great fun putting all the girl's together and making them 'chat and wait.
      I could 'play' with them all day!

      Delete
  9. And poor Angel!!! She's one of my favourites too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her to but Reuben does not do waifs.. NEXT!

      Delete