Sunday 22 September 2013

THIS AUTUMN/ WINTER'S TREND IN THE VILLAGE.

The other year I saw a fabulous photo of one of Ellen Church's No navel's in an outfit I thought was great.
here it is.


So I decided that this is what some of The Village Clan will be wearing this Autumn / Winter . Not an exact copy but along the same lines.
One of the reasons I asked the question on where do you keep things on the previous post was because I could not find a blue dress and some blue boots that I wanted for this post! However I did find the following items which will start the ball rolling.

Worn by my no navel Winter , here is the first go.



Winter is wearing a Tartan dress by Ginny of A passion for Sasha that I bought last year with some short pixie boots by Lisa Hartley and a red Beret by Ruth.
The striped tights are some that I made and she is carrying her satchel on her back.


Of course because I wanted to take this photo's the sun was shinning but I cannot complain as who knows how much more lovely days we will get before autumn truly sets in.


The satchel I had had for a while and it was hard to get her to stand wearing it, but does look good on.


I have put her hair over one shoulder so you can see her satchel. I'm really pleased with this photo.


I have taken off her satchel in this photo and the sun is shinning on her.I am quite pleased with the outfit but may change the tights for a black pair I think red tights would be to much. But overall not a bad start.



I took this last one indoors in front of the dvd shelves , give you all something to read!!!!

Looking back at Ellen's photo I can see I need to get a nice neutral background of these style of photos.
something else to add to the list of things to do!!


                                                                  *******************

10 comments:

  1. I'm here AGAIN today SS-R!
    Just shows that I'm resting and not doing anything much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are feeling much better K!!
      Oh! Goody!! More Gotz dolls (:
      Do love the outfit though, especially the stripy tights

      Delete
    2. Yes another Gotz girl! :) glad you like the outfit :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! I'm not only taken with THE LOOK but also with the POSINGS! I'm thinking that you and Winter have just started the 2013 Autumnal Sasha Trend

    I have always loved berets on our Sashas, so chic and yet with that 'little girl' look.

    I'm particularly taken with the close up shot of Winter with her hair taken to the side to show the satchel details.

    I quite like the striped tights with the tartan plaid as I love seeing contrasting materials off-setting one another...but would like to see some black ones before makimg a final decision.

    The little pixie boots are perfect with the dress length.
    Well done! A great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal ,it's always nice to start a trend :) I to like the Sasha's in beret's.
      I was very pleased with the photo of inter close up, she looks so sweet.
      She'll be wearing these stripey tights for a while as I need to sort out all the things that are all over the place to find her the black ones :)

      Glad you like this winters village clan look :)

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely.

    Did you try additionel legwarmers or something else?
    (Like the fur on E.Churchs photo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Digne, I have not tried legwarmers as they would not fit with the boots but they may look good with a pair of short boots. I may give it a try :)

      Delete
  4. I really really like her whole look and think the stripey tights are perfect with the tartan dress. I too live contrasting fabrics as you already know and now I have aquired a beret pattern I might have to try that very look on the little spanish girls here!
    As for aettings for photos, I tend to love dolls photos taken outside in natural light like you usually do, they look like real children in real situations, but a portrait photo with neutral background is nice too, now and again.
    Now I need to find some nice wool fabric to make a beret!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sharon, maybe the village can give the Spanish the beret look in exchange for the Spanish ties lol :)
    I like the stripey tights with it but woud like a black and white if I had some, which I do not..at the moment!.
    I do enjoy taking by photo's outside but sometimes it would be good to have a few 'studio'
    type shots. I'll look forward to seeing your girl's in your wool berets!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming school-girl look! O think the striped tights add just the right - zing- they look good with the other red accents. Perfect beret!

    ReplyDelete