Sunday 14 February 2021

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

 


SWEET VALENTINE

Roses are red and so is my nose 

The tips of my ears and the ends of my toes !

For it's still winter and snow has fallen

The winds whipped up and  home is calling

What bright spark way back when

decided now our love to send?

Could they not wait for a summers day?

When fields were full of drying hay!

But no ! It's now on Feb 14th

that we send  love with chattering teeth

So I will say  this winters day

My love for you won't go away

So accept these flowers small but pretty

And let me in before this verse needs pity !

By Valentine Owen

Batchelor of this parish










6 comments:

  1. Ah, Valentine - the George Clooney of Sasha Village! No doubt he drives all your girls mad with desire. Love that wonderful sweater. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you guess who he bases himself on! They all have a soft spot for Valentine even the non Sasha dolls !

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful boy with a gorgeous sweater, a fine poem and nice flowers. All the girls melt away - like ice in the sunshine ;-) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the sweater is by Diane Dukes based on a Fassett Kaffe pattern, she's incredibly talented and also a quick knitter !

      Delete
  3. There's something special about Unisex boys. Valentine certainly is a very handsome lad. Thank you for the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is ! I have Valentine who is definitely a boy and then Coco who is a girl! I wonder if I had a blonde what way he/she would go ? Never know until they arrive and tell you!

      Delete