Sunday 7 February 2021

IT'S SUNDAY SO SUMMARY TIME

 


So I could call this week a doll week. I started by bringing the bags of clothes etc into the house, in order to sort them out, for putting away.

 Which led to me starting to redress the Sasha's and Gregor's , which then meant they needed to have somewhere to stand while I found clothing, shoes etc and that led to them gathering on the blue cupboard. 

I found one of the bags to be holding several of my wooden dolls, so they were placed in a dolls cot , I am doing up for Clara. 


Then a little later from across the room I saw this !


Yes there was Mabel , having made herself comfortable in the only space left and sitting on some of the dolls legs! You can see that Lily who is just behind her is not impressed! But Paul said "She's not doing any harm. Why can't you leave her " So I did and she processed to have a nap !

Meanwhile I continued with my re dressing of some dolls. Then I needed some socks, so went in search of the box I keep them in.

This involved a trip back into the studio and a moving of lots of bits and pieces , so I could open cupboard doors to look inside. Only to find the box , almost in plain sight just under the central worktop! 

I found what I needed and then decided to sort out the sock box, which contained not only socks but tights, hats, gloves, scarves, bags etc. Well if you had been on the FB group lately you would have seen Ellen C's beautiful colour coordinated boxes of socks, hats etc. Yes you guessed it , I decided my socks etc needed to be sorted better.

Then it was back, into the now darkening studio, to find the pegs a friend very kindly gave me a good while back, for once they were where I'd put them.


So I had the tights folded and several pairs of socks pegged together, all sitting in the lid of the deep box they'd been thrown in.

Now I needed a shallower box for them, I knew I'd seen one, when moving things in studio earlier, so back again , and several minutes moving things I'd found it and returned to continue my sorting.

Of course now I want to find all the socks, tights etc and get them nicely lined up in boxes! I ran out of mini pegs, so had to order some , so then landed up ordering some more A4 sized boxes ! I have managed to stop myself from bringing all the boxes into the house in search of socks and tights but when those new boxes arrive , it will be operation Hosiery ! 



It's said that we have a possible chance of some snow today but so far it's a teeny tiny few flakes have fallen but it is cold.

Atticus and Adam stand ready to rush outside should any decent snow decide to fall and it not be too wet! But it's not looking good for snow to be honest.

We took a trip out to buy Clara's  birthday card and it's the first time I've been inside a shop for over a month, if not longer ! I was never a big shopper but I do miss being able to just go out further afield and just have a browse now and then ,luckily I have more than enough things to keep me occupied at home, so I'm not getting stir crazy.

Paul's been doing a few little jobs, like making an inner shelving for my bureau desk area. Unfortunately this bureau has had a few repairs that have been more barney bodge it , than quality restoration, so Paul's had to work round them. 



So for me it's more re dressing of dolls this coming week, sorting out the clothing etc and  looking at a rethink on how the Sasha Studio's laid out ! Oh yes Spring is approaching and my ' lets change things, improve things, remove things ' eyes are returning.

No dolls have arrived or left the village but a few items of clothing have appeared. So I'm off to continue my sorting , tidying dolls things.

Have a great healthy doll week ahead.

Dee

PS Just had to share this photo of Casper sleeping on the armchair 




 


 


6 comments:

  1. Hello Sasha Villagers!

    Dee, I love your bureau, Barney Bodge-it interference or not. It is a wonderful wood colour.

    Prezzie on the way for Clara, via your house. Wow, She is getting to be a big girl very quickly. G read a new book aloud to us yesterday. Doesn't seem five minutes since he was a wobbly toddler and Clara was new born!

    Enjoy the dolly dressing weekend.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni , I do love it faults and all. It didn’t cost much because of the faults and I think we have improved it.
      Thanks I’m sure Clara will love it. Time is rushing by Gaku is at school now ! So soon!
      I’m having a dolly dressing week !

      Delete
  2. Good thing Granny Fortuna wasn't in that doll cot. She would have tried to make Mabel pay rent! Casper is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true but she’s up in the bedroom rearranging the furniture because she reckons she could fit a news stand in, if some of those dolls would get back in their boxes!
      Casper is a darling 😀

      Delete
  3. I always dream of tidy boxes close at hand where I thought I put them, full of coordinated doll garments --- well it's a dream...
    ... and on the other hand, with less tidy boxes you get more surprises!
    Wish we could send you some of the surplus snow that fell in Germany last weekend. Not where we live, here it's just started some hours ago and it is not much, but we're not certain if we will reach the poor GnomeHome coming weekend.
    There's always something wrong with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s always good to dream 😀 and I have had a few surprises of things I’d forgotten I had !
      It’s tried to snow again today but I think we’ll have to wait until the next winter !
      I hope you can get to the gnome house for a relaxing weekend and the weather does not stop you

      Delete