Thursday 11 February 2021

HOSIERY DOES NEAT !

So as I said on Sunday, I'd gone down the let's sort out the socks, hats, tights etc large box. I'd seen Ellen C's lovely boxes of colour on FB in the week .I had previously shared some photos of them on here a year or two back.

Bit this time when I went in search of a couple of pairs of socks, I actually decided now was the time to get these hosiery items more organised.


This is box where I was keeping it all.


At this point I had removed most of the socks and tights into other boxes.


 The first round of sorting , showing tights and sock in lid of box.


 I then found this box ,which was not being used and started putting tights into it.


It was soon full with the tights and the long socks plus the overspill of short socks.


Some of the socks paired up and pegged . I then had some orphaned socks of course..


So of course I needed to go and search a few of the bags for them plus any others. But first I needed to wait for the new storage boxes to arrive.


So the new boxes have arrived and didn't take long to fill ! This box now contains all the manmade socks along with the slim socks , most of which were made by Sharon.


A box of winter hats and scarves, although there are quite a few in use at the moment.


A box of summer hats


and a box of beret's and a few single hats, like the cap.


The handknitted coloured socks are in their own box although I have used some on the dolls.



At present the tights, again I have used quite a few , along with the handknitted long socks are in this large box, there are also some small socks will get moved over once I do a proper , find all the socks , tights etc search.


I have also used a small box for all the small white or mainly white hand knitted socks.

I have also started a box for the various bags, suitcases, satchels etc that they have , I did not take a phone as most of the bags etc are still in the drawers in the studio.

So once the warmer weather arrives and I go into studio for my big spring clean, I'll be adding more to all the boxes. I know for a fact I have at least six pairs of hand knitted brown short socks for the brownie uniforms plus some hats, which can all now be kept in these boxes.

After that only time will tell , if it all get's put away nicely every time and doesn't end up in the usual bags!

6 comments:

  1. Oooooh... I know five children who are jealous now. All those fine socks and hats, all done so neat, handknitted, whew! And cleaned up so fine in those boxes. Yes, there are five children now thinking why it is possible they own two bigger suitcases with clothing and one little with shoes and nothing more... I fear if I go and talk to them they will have a go at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids will always think they don’t have enough!
      All collected over nine years of Sasha village , so don’t take any cheek from them , tell them in nine years they may have a few more things only time will tell 😉

      Delete
  2. I believe your kids won't ever run out of tights - or socks - or hats...
    I started several times to organize my doll clothes and accessories but it never looked so neat. On the upside, sometimes when I go chasing for a certain item, I find other things I had forgotten I own....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No O don’t think they will, tights are easy to make from adult socks , so I have make some of the ones they have. I also made all the summer hats and some of the berets,
      It is good to sort and find those forgotten items for there will always be some bag or box that once again is used for anything and everything 😉

      Delete
    2. Love this organisation! I intend to put the garments and accessories for each of my dolls in the doll's own personal bag; as I am also a quilter, this is a good excuse to make up some zipped containers. I think you are probably the champion of socks, tights and the like!

      Delete
    3. Mmm their own bags ! Problem is I have so many dolls , but a much more environmentally friendly way of keeping things, and as you so rightly say a perfect excuse for more bags 😉
      There are those out there with way more than me but I’m happy to show what I have 😀

      Delete