Friday 26 November 2021

THE GAMES A FOOT !

 OR 30.5 cm ! Last weekend when I went into Studio to start setting up some old granny's shop , I realised that a doll sized cardboard box ,I'd covered in blue card and used to put a piece of the shop shelving on , had been used to post a doll ! I didn't have another of a suitable size ,so the shelving had nowhere to sit!

Naturally I took this problem to my humble assistant ,Paul , and gave him the old shop shelves and asked him to make something they could sit on.

I'm thinking bish bash bosh ! but I get cutting and gluing , with cramps holding in place , waiting for glue to dry, then cutting a back, gluing and waiting for the glue to dry , a bit of sanding and finally handed over ! All this gluing and drying takes a week !

So today finally done. But I have no time for painting them , so settle for using some of the dolls house wallpaper, more bish bash bosh than quality I'm thinking lol.


So it's finally back in the studio and I will be able to start sorting out the shop. But that will have to be tomorrow, because below is a photo taken without the flash , when I put this back inside at about 3.15 this afternoon!


It does appear slightly darker than the room is but I really need to sort out some form of lighting now the days can be quite grey and dark 



Hopefully I'll get to spend a little time in there over the weekend, mind you they are talking 45mph winds and rain and maybe even a bit of the white stuff !!

I just hope I can find enough items to fill all these shelves....... are you okay? Did you choke on that biscuit ? Well you should not snort while you are eating .... pardon?... I could fill a department store with whats lurking around the studio ! .. Really ! I think you'll find those shelves half empty..... how rude! 

We'll soon see whose right !

Now I must go and ask my assistant how he's getting on with the new shelf and hanging rail for the wardrobe, no doubt that will be another week of glue drying.....

4 comments:

  1. Looks good (lucky for you too, cuz I sure wouldn't want to get on granny's bad side)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! Granny will be so pleased (though I believe she'll try very hard not to show...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she'll act as if it was no more than she deserved and no praise or thanks needed ! ;)

      Delete