Sunday 28 December 2014

I EXTEND THE STUDIO AREA

I need more studio area for my blog shoots! It's now way too cold for any outdoor shoots, it was trying to SNOW here last night! and today is so cold and icy !

I suggested to Paul about making a studio area up in our bedroom running across the dressing table and into the corner by getting a couple of boards to use as a base and backdrop! He said that it would be too small but I could as a temporary measure if I wanted but then I could not use Kitchen!

So that is a possible place but needs a lot more work than the instant solution I arrived at today! I would extend my kitchen 'studio' area by moving the coffee machine ( I do not drink coffee) and put the washing tablets etc elsewhere.


Here is the 'studio' with the surrounding area, which I have shown you all before. You can see I am still using the small open shelving above to store my bits and pieces, Lucas's collection of snowmen have been put there until a storage space can be found for them.
The area's above the tumble dryer and beside the washing machine.I have left a CD player there and something's have been dumped around it!
When I told Robin my plan's he was in there quick as you like , sorting things and telling everyone where to move the Coffee Machine etc!



It was soon empty space and after I cut up a white back board to hide the plug points and pipes for the boiler on the wall above the space was ready.



I moved the table and chairs into the new space which allowed me to bring down the sofa and armchair, which three of the Kidz n Cats dolls had been sitting on! So no idea what I am going to do with them now!
Mimi and Robin were quick to make themselves comfortable!


There is still the problem of the switches for the boiler showing but hopefully they can be cropped, unfortunately it's too low to use the fireplace and window seat, where as the bedroom would be a better place height wise but not so good light wise!.


I must say that I do like looking over and seeing them in that space when I enter the kitchen !
Tomorrow I'll have a change around and see if any of the other furniture will fit in this new space. I have the American girl desk and chair and also a shelving unit but that may be too tall!

*********************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. Dee,lovely post,I adore your sofa and chair,any idea where I may be able to buy these from? I look on eBay often but maybe not doing the right searches? Happy New Year to you and your family,and of course I am wishing you a Sasha filled 2015.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, thanks. :) The sofa I found at a car boot cost me £5 but I think it's a build a bear chair, the armchair I found on ebay, I look under dolls furniture and sometimes you can get lucky
      Happy New year to you and yours and of course a Sashatastic 2015 :)xxx

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful day's tidying out and spring cleaning you've had. Most impressive and personally I think that it's probably better still keeping it in the kitchen where you know that the light from the French Doors is good and it's in the hub of activity with the useful storage cupboard up above, rather than keeping on having to go up the stairs ....(though I had to smile at Paul when he said that you can't have BOTH spaces!)

    I too would love a little room setting like Anne's and yours here but haven't as yet got enough furniture or props.
    Looking forward to seeing tomorrow's changes and activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal, Yes it's nice having that extra bit of space but oh to have a whole run of worktop!! Mind you I think that may be asking to much even of Paul!! The light is definitely better by the French doors but I need more height!
      Do you think he'd agree to a garden room just outside , that I could have one whole wall of! I may have to work on this.. ;)
      I'll be at work , so the changes won't happen until the evening:)xxx

      Delete
  3. Perfect!
    You 're sweeping out the way for the play -and this is heartwarming, isn't it?

    About light: I didn't show my lights in my post. I got a kind of a (cheep) professionell one with a diffuser and a simple lamp from a DIY-Market. The 2. has the warmer light, I like more. So I recommend buying one or two lamps to be undependent from weather.
    But I prefer to set the cam on a high sensitivity. Yes, the pics are kind of blurry and image noisy, but imho appear to be more alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love to play if only I had just a little more room and height!! Thank you for the tips Anne :) I will try and get a decent light so that the photo's are not reliant on the good sunny weather which is not a lot this time of year.
      Your photo's look very alive, so I will try this out:)xx

      Delete
  4. Womderful and what fabulous furniture! Where are the lovely kitchen chairs from? Love them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. The kitchen chairs are bought on ebay first the armchair and a standard one, then the two others together a couple of months later.I bought the table from there also. :) xx

      Delete
  5. So great to have the additional space Dee! I love seeing how you did it! I am having very similar experiences here with cleaning, rearranging and getting things ready to donate. It feels so good to have a redefined space that you are happy with and if it is for Sashas, it's the best space! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Ginger, that extra space is just what I need. Must be that time of year, I was putting things to one side to donate to the local charity shops as I was doing the collections post, so had a little more space in the china cupboard when it all went back! Just need to carry it on into the other cupboards now and yes Sasha space is the best space to find!! :)xx

      Delete
  6. French windows letting in light - oh how wonderful! Old cottages may have lots of appeal for us before we actually BUY one, but oh dear, they are so dark for photos and it's minus 7 here this morning, so I'm not about to run a photographic session out of doors!
    I love the set up - maybe Mr Dad could just move the boiler out of you way..........? (Sorry Paul, I know I shouldn't encourage the very demanding Dee! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We removed the old windows and put in the French doors and since this side is south facing light pours through them and is glorious!
      I did consider asking if the boiler could maybe be raised .. but since it was only replaced a month or so back I'm sure I will be informed I should have said something at the time!! :)

      Delete
  7. I think you've done very well to get this bit of extra space Dee, and am sure you'll fathom out the lighting situation.....As for the switches on the wall to the right of the room, could you perhaps make a square from thick cardboard and make it look like a window, but instead of bothering with a 'window' as such, could you make some sort of 'blind' or curtain that wouldn't look 'odd' if it were not flush with the wall? It could then be stuck over the plug sockets when you're not wanting them in your photos? Just a thought, but it might work.
    Love the furnishings etc., Iike Kendal I don't have a lot of furniture props, I always intend getting more but dolls seem to come here instead! I wonder why!!!!!
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put some cardboard over the sockets but the part still showing is the receiver for the boiler it may go off if I cover it up, but i may just use something I can remove easily once I have finished shooting a post!
      I have to stop myself buying more furniture! I just love the stuff almost as much as dolls!
      hugs Dee xxx

      Delete