Friday 5 December 2014

THE WAITS OVER FOR THIS GOTZ

Almost daily I go to Shelly's website for my Sasha fix! I start with page one the more pricier dolls and then pop onto page two and sometimes onto the clothes page.

On page one I drool over the Sasha's and Gregor's, planning which one's I'll ask Shelly for when that all elusive lottery win finally arrives, and trying not to ask about this one or that as I am always telling myself to wait and save for the next one but then see one I like sale pending and think OH! :(  wondering should I have asked etc but there's always another further down or up the page that looks to have Village potential !

 Then I go over to page two to see if anything interesting's arrived, any face that calls to me and see if any have sold. Always wizz to the baby's to see what's new in , if a TODDLER'S appeared! Which these days is rare and in truth I do like the toddlers but they are a nightmare to stand and I don't really feel the need to own any more.

Well on page two for so many many months sat a later pale skinned GOTZ girl Anika, she was quite pricey even for having all her original  clothing etc including her tube. I liked the look of her but not enough to pay the price and when she was first on there was another cheaper girl available but I did prefer this other one's face.

Months went by the cheaper girl sold and this Anika stood proudly waiting. Now I was not buying later dolls I had in fact sold a few of my later dolls and only had one left , Sophie Elizabeth who had sat waiting on Shelly's while I passed her by and finally gave in. Well it would appear that this Anika was to be just like Sophie, I passed her by month after month and then one day started to pause and then began to think maybe when I'd paid for which ever Sasha I already had on layaway I'm make an offer for her!

Of course the inevitable happened and one day I passed to find her Sale pending ! It's amazing how that makes you think DRAT! I should have asked sooner especially as she'd also dropped slightly in price for the sale!

Well a few weeks later she was for sale again! Now what to do? I was in process of some deal or other and not really in position to buy her then and there, but decided it was worth asking if seller would wait until December for payment and I am so pleased to say that she agreed.

So she arrived this week and here she is on arrival.


Her fringe is sticking up a little from being stuck in her box waiting to be saved.


A closer look at her Violet blue eyes.


She has lovely long brunette plaits.


Here you can see how happy she is to finally have a new home!.

Now I was going to call her Elizabeth after Liz Taylor because of her violet looking eyes and shorten it to Lizzy but she did not seem too keen , she preferred another name so that's what she's now called.

so introducing





NANCY.         Excuse me.       " Lennon please remove yourself from this photo "
" But!"
"No But! please move out the way "
Lennon moves off to the side.


Nancy could not wait to get into a dress after spending so long in her other outfit.


a back view.


She is wearing one of Hattie Beret's to help push her fringe back down.


" Lennon ! "
" But please!"
"Move !"


"No"
"No"
"No I am protecting my rights!"


"And what right would that be? "
" The right to pick a Sasha  for my own!" says Lennon " I  have been sitting about waiting for months, just like Nancy here " he grumbles " So I am choosing Nancy for my owner ! " he finishes with authority while looking worriedly at Mrs Mum ( It's actually the Sasha's that chose their bears but Mrs Mum does not correct him )
"Well !" says Mrs Mum looking with a stare at Lennon " In that case you'd best stay put " she smiles and Lennon in relief let's one slip and blushing says " Excuse me!"
Mrs Mum leaves the room for a moment and a roar of laugher outside is quickly muffled ,  she returns to take a few more photo's while trying not to look Lennon in the eye.


Lennon decides to move down wind of his new little Miss, he does not want her to change her mind about him, he cannot help what happens when he's nervous!


Nancy wonders just what she's got herself into before she's barely set foot over the doorstep! But Hey she's free! and finally with her new owner in a house which appears to be full of all sorts of Sasha's Gregors and Bears, what more could a girl ask for.....

*********************************************************************************

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely newcomer to the Village Dee, I like her! She is very pretty. I don't always like the later Gotz dolls purely because they sometimes have staring eyes but Nancy has nice eyes. I have, as you know, one later Gotz girl, Wibke, who appealed to me the moment I saw her on Shelly's site, and she has repainted eyes.....I think these newer girls are very underrated! I love Nancy's new outfit...and also her new 'companion'! I look forward to seeing her out and about on your blog and settling into her new life :)
    Hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. She has a sweet petite look to her and it's nice having a pale skinned Sasha for a change. I have always liked Wibke another later Gotz with style :)
      Her dress is by Ginny which I bought ages ago because I loved it and as soon as she arrived I knew it would look lovely one her.
      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  2. Oh fantastic! Another GOTZ :)
    I do love her dressed in monochrome Dee...she really looks fab! Definitely not a Negative Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes GOTZ is the definitely been this years favour ! :)

      The outfit does suit her and no definitely not a Negative Nancy :)

      Delete
  3. My Seren (Stella) and Catrin (Anika) are extatic! They sometimes see the Carmen or Wibke girls on a blog, but have never seen brunette LG girls.
    They wish to say, 'Hello, dear cousin Nancy!' and a Welsh name too. Very exciting.

    Lennon has chosen well, a Little Miss who likes black and white clothing is the perfect owner (or ownee?) for him.

    Haha, so Ronnie, the famous Gotz disliker owns up, eh? She likes LG kids! Just as well she's showing her true colours or, after my next few planned posts, I'd worry that she would stop talking to me...... They didn't appeal to me at first, Ronnie, but they seem to photograph better out of studio conditions. In close up portraits, they can look a little vacant round the eyes, but they look lovely in story mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! Whoa! Jen! I loved the OUTFIT ...not the Gotz :) Sorry Jen...I know you got excited and thought I had turned over a new leaf!! I do love the NAUGHTY Toddlers though!!

      Delete
    2. Nancy says hello to Seren and Catrin she says it's nice to know some more Brunette pale skinned girls are out and about! :)
      Lennon as jumped in paws first to make sure she became his mum! :)
      Ronnie's just GOTZ to have a down on something Sasha ! but someday a no nose boy will sneak into her palace of Ice and cause a tiny little melt...but I won't hold my breath!! :)

      Delete
    3. Icy you could have left her a day of believing your Icy heart was cracking.. :) Jen Icy don't turn over new leaves not unless she's burying the body!! :)

      Delete
    4. Ha - read her post from last night? She's far less icy than she wants us to believe. That poor waif will melt her frozen heart as they bond over the teenage spots cream.

      I think so, anyway, but it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that she daubed that red pen all over her, just so she could pretend to have a gentle side when, in reality, she is torturing the poor little lass for her own ends.

      Delete
    5. Mmm busted for burying the body ? or drawing on Sasha's? I think it's BOTH!!! :)

      Delete
  4. This is the one I watch before summer and thought again and again about buying her.
    See her again now - and sale pending. She's yours!
    I totally understand what you're writing of!

    So: greetings to that really nice Goetz, I'm happy to see her here!
    She's really a wonderful villageaddition -and happy to have Lennon at her side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne :) I could not believe she had to wait so long for someone to buy her but then even I made her wait ! I knew you would understand :)

      She will indeed be a lovely addition to the village happenings along with Lennon her panda:)

      Delete
  5. Well! Well! Well! You live and learn! I've been waiting and wondering too who had bought this Anika! Never crossed my mind that it was you, Denise... BUT should have connected you with the extra LONG wait whilst you finished off paying for the others!

    I much preferred this Anika to the cheaper priced one that was advertised along side of her some time ago. My very favourites of the pale skinned LG modern girls were Wibke, Stella and Anika, toddlers, Iona and Ollie and baby Stine.

    Loving Lennon as her panda bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I so have some secrets!! :) Yes I had to finish paying for Jenny , then the wedding needed going to , then after I could finally pay for her! So she's arrived just in time for Christmas! :)
      Me too preferred her :) I have always like Wibke and have a baby Stine with enhanced eyes by Shelly, in fact she was another who sat for a long time on Shelly's until I gave in!! :)
      Lennon is a very sweet Panda :)

      Delete
  6. Dee
    Love your new girl Nancy. She looks great in her new dress and hat. If she is looking for something to read, I have a box set of miniature Fancy Nancy books she can borrow. I am sure she would love the stories. Congratulations!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol :) I will go and see if she'd like to read them, she look like a girl who would like a good book :) Dee xx

      Delete
  7. Nancy is just wonderful Dee! I love her pretty eyes and she really shines in the plaid dress with beret and boots. Very easy on the eye. Congratulations! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger :) I am very happy to have her, she is so sweet :) xxxx

      Delete